The Rock & Roll 500 (in progress)

The Rock & Roll 500 begins tonight at 5PM (Eastern) on 94.7 WCSX (Detroit). They countdown (play) the top 500 songs. It lasts all Memorial Day Weekend. I’ve lived in quite a few different cities and it’s by far and away my favorite Classic Rock Station. I always try and catch the R&R 500. Here’s a link to them on internet radio in case anyone is interested.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link for some good music.

1 Like

I’m glad you like it. The 500 has started. I’m always interested to see how they play out, especially when it gets towards the end!

Thanks for sharing and another good piece of information about the music.

1 Like

Playing some really good music. I know what I’m going to be listening to for the next couple of days!

1 Like

Wow a bunch of rock and roll lists posted lately so many great songs thanks for sharing

1 Like

I like this because you can actually listen to the songs as opposed to just reading the names of the songs. It’s a tradition, they always do it on Memorial Day weekend. It’s a wordplay on the Indianapolis 500 (a car race that takes place on Memorial Day weekend).

2 Likes

Over 100 down now. At #388 presently.

I had the thought that I would listen today, but unfortunately I cannot see and listen as this site is not available in Europe. :neutral_face:

@sodojka If you have a VPN, select USA or Canada. I was afraid of that.

1 Like

Another 100 down. Currently at #299. The Black Crows -She Talks To Angels (Great Tune!)

1 Like

I am not only a musical dinosaur but also an IT dinosaur :joy:, it’s too hard for me to do.

1 Like

Update: The R & R 500 is back on at #218 - Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones (great tune). It took a break at some point overnight. I hope everyone is having a Great Memorial Day Weekend!

It’s back on from it’s overnight break and in the home stretch. Should end sometime this afternoon (it’s now 10:11AM local time). Down to #62 at present.