Tom’s Guide Soundcore Life A2 NC Review

Found a nice review on one of the newer pairs of earbuds Soundcore has that seem to have flown under the radar for a while. Seems they were a little harsh on it but maybe it’s the truth. Regardless it’s a nice review for those interested

3 Likes

Quite a critical review. Good to see varying opinion of the A2s, but the sound samples posted on another thread seemed to counter the points made.

I guess like others that pine their opinions, you can chose to mute or look elsewhere…

I suspect that this reviewer may have a bad set of these buds. First off, I get over 6 hours of playing time WITH anc activated. Secondly, you really can’t expect a $79 set of earbuds to have any type of hear id included in the app. Third, and this one is kind of tricky, but I did find that once I found the proper ear tips the anc was improved profoundly. By comparison I also have the Soundpeats T2’s and the Jlab jbuds air anc which both, at first, had superior anc and ambient modes, but once I applied the proper tips the anc on these became just as good as both of those buds. Unfortunately I can’t say the same for the ambient mode as nothing seemed to help that much at all. Another area in which the reviewer had problems with was the touch controls. There’s no doubt that Soundcore really dropped the ball in this department as having just double - tap and long - press isn’t nearly enough for all of the options available. Soundcore really needs to add a single - tap option to these buds. I’m willing to take the chance of accidentally touching the surface of the buds for the potential upgrade. It’s a shame to see such an inaccurate review of these particular areas of these buds. No doubt everyone has a right to their opinion, but I hope people realize that opinion does not equal fact. It’s hard not to take it personal when you see the buds that you’re exceptionally fond of take a pretty bad beating in the eyes of one reviewer. That’s probably why I tend to gravitate towards better known reviewers like , EL JEFE and Gamesky. Both of which had much more accurate reviews of this product, no offense to the reviewer.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting