Transparency or Ambient mode for Liberty 2 Pro's

Is there an update coming around soon. Plus I had a doubt as to whether to get the Liberty 2 Pros or the Liberty Air 2s- since the Pros have no touch pad but a button - and they dont have in-ear detection like the Air 2s- is that a deal breaker? Or does the button make up for those functionalities? Any opinions?

1 Like

Maybe you are right- but that will be a shame!

2 Likes

If there is no hardware support for routing signal between different inputs and output, this probably couldnt be achieved by software, or with big penalties to other aspects for the sound quality or/and battery life…

3 Likes

I have the Liberty 2s and LOVE them. I was surprised to hear they don’t have ANC… missed that somewhere in my research. :thinking:
Anyway, I thought they did bc I can’t hear a thing when I have them in. Maybe my volume setting compensates??
Bc I can’t hear a thing!! Whenever I notice someone talking to me, I have to turn them off or take one out.

I use these at work, as I record meetings as a backup to my notes, for meeting minutes.

After hearing the ambient mode on airpods, I would REALLY LOVE it if Soundcore would add this in the next firmware update.

I assume the powers that be rarely, if ever, read these suggestions and they don’t respond or provide updates, so I am now researching in-ear buds with this feature.

Based on my research so far, there are some very highly rated ones, through reputable review companies, with ambient mode for as little as $50.

Would prefer to just keep using my Liberty 2s for a couple of reasons…1. I am a loyal product user. Once I find something I like, I will stick with them and continue buying their product. And, 2. Because, personally, I think they sound FABULOUS!!!

But, this feature is a must-need for me.

3 Likes

Yep, if they had Transparency mode, I would happily and smugly use mine for many day to day necessities that may not have been thought possible before the idea were introduced. The question is, are they able to perform that task? If so, then Anker, please develop it and implement it :pray:

1 Like

As others have already said above - don’t count on features being added that aren’t in the product when you buy it. They haven’t even been discussing it recently in any context I have seen, and we are almost a year out from the announcement.

Not surprised to see it being discussed again with the announcement the Q30s will have it. At this point I would look for it in a year or so when they release the 3 Pro (just a wild guess, no insider here).

1 Like

I figured if they had been in their thoughts to add it. I think Covid has pushed that too far down the line that thought was dropped and they would just focus on the Liberty 3 pros if that will be the name for their next line earbuds.

1 Like

Yeah, there is no official response on it anywhere in the past year, its just not clear if its a limitation of the hardware or not. Surely, its a block of code is all that is needed :rofl:

So they want me to spend again rather than update the item that I have? Not very ethical, if you ask me. I would prefer to buy another product from a company that I trust. I would trust anker, if they at least showed us their cards on this.

2 Likes

If they are using covid as an excuse, surely it would be better business to upgrade our experience, rather than add to our stress and confusion, albeit by complacent inaction.

I am looking at alternatives but currently can hardly afford a decent pair of sneakers.

Where can I see that original announcement, do you happen to know? Maybe it will settle my discontent by the subtly informative wording :blush::wink:

Assume that what you buy is what you get, and don’t buy for unannounced features - then you enjoy what you have, and if something else is added, pure bonus.

Same as buying the first book in an unfinished series. I have to really trust the author - but occasionally I take a chance, and usually regret it. Martin and Rothfuss have done too much damage for it to happen often anymore though.

1 Like

I posed the question to Soundcore’s support a couple of times, I actually just got an email by Soundcore’s support (reference ticket #88995217) saying that they do not plan to add this feature to these headphones.

Big disappointment - Soundcore!!

1 Like

Unsure if the ever was going to do it or not. If they did I think the time lines were probably pushed back to where it was not cost effective due to Covid.

1 Like

Very true with any tech product that have software updates. Don’t try to think what the potential of a product is if they haven’t announced it formally. Or even if they did, try to wait until that new “feature” or whatever is implemented properly so you aren’t disappointed later