Twas the night before Soundcore Christmas (Flare 2 addition)

Twas the night before Soundcore Christmas when it got all got loud

You can hear the Flare 2s playing songs through the cloud.

The sounds could get loud so we played them with care

In the hopes Saint @Loz would soon would be there

The Flare 2 has many colors from reds, blues and the greens

You can have visions of colors swirling in your audio streams

My wife in her pajamas and I am in my Soundcore cap (still a wishing)

Had thought we would settle down and tried to take a nap

With (360 degree) immersive sound being driven with powerful bass power

The Flare 2 was going to prevent me from napping in that hour.

Away to the pool this summer, I will take the Flare 2 in a flash

Cause I know it has IPX7 and can handle a dip or a splash

With partycast you can pair 100 hundred speakers; don’t you know

You can then pair them together for an awesome party sound and light show.

When, what to my wondering eyes should show such appeal

But a slew of Soundcore.com Christmas deals

Away to my window (Internet Explorer) I flew like a flash

Open the browser to see what did they slash

As I look at their discount of all that they showed

Finding great deal on Soundcore was my first goal

(Deals are right here- https://us.soundcore.com/pages/christmas-gifts) :wink:

When what to my wondering did appear

@Loz and @sean.L weekly podcast is coming near

As the time flies by so lively and quick

@Soundcoreadam Amazon stream will soon be here and he may dress up as St. Nick

With his list of products that are discounted all the same

He will whistle and shouted the community members by name,

Now Duane, Now @ktkundy , now @Techman and @Chiquinho ,

On @TheSnarkyOne , on @Mike2468 and @Shenoy and even Blitzen!

To the top of the porch! To top of the wall!

He will slash away slash away slash prices for all…

So we said not a word and went straight to our work,

Filling our discounted Soundcore stockings; then turn with a jerk

@soundcoreadam laying a finger aside his nose as he rose;

And giving a nod, off the stream did he go.

He went to work the next day and his team gave such as whistle

as he help sold a lot Flare 2 like the down of a thistle

But they could hear him exclaim as he walked out of site

Happy Soundcore to all and to the community a good night

Review
Welcome to the Christmas review of the Flare 2 and I hope you liked the introduction and it caught your attention.

First off, I tend to stay away from speakers in my house due to due to my son has Asperger and speakers tended to bothered him more when he was younger. So to make up for my potential lack of Flare in this review (pun intended), I thought I would entertain you in some form as well.

So with the Flare 2, I may start to branching out more to speaker products.

Design
The Flare 2 has a felt like material, 5 button on top and 2 buttons on the side. As shown below, the Flare 2 is about 6 inches in length and bigger than a can of soda.

The felt material seems about right material to give you a soft grip but thick enough to help with its IPX 7 rating.

The rubber base and top provide a skid resistance to prevent from sliding. The box itself is basically recyclable with Polypropylene recycling plastic (FYI) and made from a thick cardboard.

Like other devices, the Flare 2 supports the USB-C that makes it easy to charge its 12 hour play time.

Functionality
Most functions are covered in the 5 button at the top and 2 buttons on the side.

On the side you have your Bass Up and Bluetooth buttons. I rarely used the Bass up as I thought it provided enough boom without it. The Bluetooth seemed to work better with my mobile device than my pc. This was not the Flare fault but the layout of the pc and how it wanted to connect Bluetooth.

On top you have your on/off, volume up and down and light controls. In the center is the Soundcore symbol that is the main control center for its functions based upon how you are using the Flare 2.

Evaluation
As stated I tend to stay away from speaker but that does not mean I have not been around speakers. Overall I have to say it would be worth a buy.

We do have one other wireless speaker, a JBL 5, that my wife has and she uses it for the pool. For me, I like the Flare 2 over the JBL. I like that it stands up and have to say the lights have grew on me. I personally like the 2 rings vs just having one ring.

I did play around with the 360 surround sound. I even tried to do the 8d videos that @Loz told us about a while back.

With the 360 surround sound, I could hear the sound migrate around the speaker. It makes me want to get another one or two or three and pair them through the partycast and get the full effect of the 8d.

I like that you are able to pair it with the app and customize the Flare. This is another reason that I like this over the one my wife’s speaker (plus Flare has partycast).

I have at times been working and just have it on and looking at the light during a break. As I am going back to work, I notice that it will go off after a specific period of time.

I do not really have anything bad to say about it. It is affordable, and functional. I think my only real fault is that I wish the on button was more noticeable when it is darker. I think a thicker button may help to know that is the on button (or I could just remember that the on button is on the same side at the top as where the Bluetooth is at)

8 Likes

Best thing I have ever read right before a final! Thank you so much for the great laugh really what I needed right now. Just ready the whole thing to my family and they loved it. Truly a masterpiece!

1 Like

Nice Fun review :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thanks @Shenoy and @ktkundy.

I have not done a review for a bit and I had about 4 Soundcore products that I have never done a review on here yet (5 if you count a pair or two of the older Spirit X that I did an old review on Anker).

@ktkundy I am glad I was able to relieve the finals stress even if it was for just a few minutes :wink:

1 Like

That was a very entertaining read :joy: and an excellent review.

1 Like

It was what I was going for… At one point, I realize that the poem was a bit longer than I remembered it to be and I had to shorten as not to lose focus :smile:

Was a great fun to read Duane!
Thank you!

1 Like

@Duane_Lester my family want to know if you’re naturally a wordsmith or if things like this take a lot of work because we all love it but are just intrigued if it’s something that comes natural to you

1 Like

I think a little of both.

I know that I have an undiagnosed case of ADHD. So I had to learn to slow down the words in my brain to get across my thoughts better. My current supervisor says it too and that I am 3 steps ahead of her when solving a problem at work.

You may sometimes see this in my post. I have to go back and correct a couple as my word as they are flowing in my head faster than I can type. Thus a few sentences that seem to be missing something at times.

I will say that on my dad side of the family we are all talkers. I got off the phone with my dad last night and had been talking for hours. Any of my dad’s family can be in a store chatting with a complete stranger. I can not tell you how many times my wife asked who somebody was and I said I do not know.

So combine those two and this is what you get. I may be eating and this pops in my head and I am off trying to create it with parts already done. Before I post the thread, I try to look it over to catch my ADHD.

3 Likes

Regardless I think your post is amazing. I do the same sometimes my mind races and I can’t get my hands to type as fast as I want them two. This leads to large pieces missing that I dont even realize are missing. Keep up the great work! Hope you’re having a happy Friday!

2 Likes

The same I have to do : Correcting a lot.
But not caused by ADHS (German).
Its because my eyes are weak (cataract) and I am getting older day by day,
But I do my best!

3 Likes

I have trouble typing complete thoughts as well because I think up the words too fast, or things get out of order because I subconsciously realize I didn’t type out part of what I was trying to say in one sentence so I end up putting it in where I am currently typing, where it doesn’t belong :rofl:

However I am not a talker at all, in fact i’m so quiet and subtle I often walk into rooms with nobody noticing for a minute or two.

1 Like

It gets worse with age. Lol

Nice! A little entertainment. It soo slow at work today. Soundcore is giving me something to do.

1 Like

You are welcome.

This was great @Duane_Lester

1 Like

I appreciate it. I think my choice of writing has change since starting out at Anker on their testing club. After a couple of product reviews, I got tired of how I was writing them. It was dry and I was trying to be more technical. So it was leaving out part of my personality, the part that has that flare to it (:wink: Get it Flare 2 it) .

1 Like

1 Like