TWS & Bluetooth connection sequence with Motion Boom

I have been having trouble pairing (TWS) and then connecting (Bluetooth) two Motion Boom speakers. If I TWS pair them first before trying to BT pair them to the phone then the BT pairing fails. This is the same on different mobile devices. Yet this is the sequence that an AnkerDirect agent posted on the Q&A listing on the product page on Amazon UK.

If the master speaker has been previously paired to the phone then sometimes it will automatically connect to the phone after TWS pairing, but more often than not it refuses to connect in that scenario as well, even if trying to force connect from the phone.

The way that I think it works best is to turn on the master speaker and let it connect to the phone, then turn on the slave speaker - TWS then needs to be manually forced to reconnect, and before the slave speaker BT connects to anything if it has been previously paired.

Surely it should not be this temperamental. (I have checked firmware on both devices too - although bought at the same time one needed updating but the other didn’t!)

I don’t have any problems connecting my Motion Booms in TWS. Only the master is hooked up to you phone via Bluetooth. Once I did it once, they automatically hook back up in TWS.

I’m not sure if you tried this yet, but I would reset both speakers. Delete both Bluetooth parings. Repair one of them. Turn them both on and press the TWS button on both speakers. After that you should be good to go.

That was how I did it in the end. Sometimes the speaker that became master after the TWS connection switched to the one that wasn’t paired with the phone though!

I actually now have both speakers paired to my phone because sometime when I go out (on the Golf-cart mainly) I only take one. I switch them up. That doesn’t affect them when I’m playing them both in TWS. One has a slight scuff so I know which one is which.

I turn the Master on 1st (Sometime I press both power buttons at the same time), but I don’t wait for it to pair before turning the other one on. Like I said, I’m not having any issues. I’m not sure what else to suggest. Maybe contact Customer Support and ask them. Good luck!
https://us.soundcore.com/pages/contact-us

1 Like