Update for Motion Boom (v00.39). Was Multi-Point added? Read on to find out. :)

I received an Update on my Android 11 for my Motion Booms today (v00.39).

What New:
Bug Fixes.
Editing to add:
Multi-Point was also added as per @diogobouzon comment a few posts down. As of right now, I’m assuming it’s only when you are using a single Motion Boom. I can’t get Multi-Point to work in TWS, but it works fine with only 1 Boom. Very nice add IMHO! :clap: :+1:

So far I haven’t noticed any changes, but it went smooth without any issues.

I know you blocked series number but do believe it is different than the device number. Last time I had a repair, they wanted number on device not number here.

1 Like

I’ve seen others do that so I figured it’s better to be safe than sorry @Duane_Lester.

1 Like

I’ve updated firmware and for me it fixed issue on low volume (sound/bass fluctuation).

BTW I didn’t updated Motion+ before they remove it from OTA. I do not update firmware if everything works fine.

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear it fixed an issue that you were having. :+1:

I think the way you do it is probably the smart way to do it, meaning that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

I apply updates to test them out. If I have an issue I can then report it and also let others know here. I have faith if that if that was to occur, Soundcore would take care of the problem and or me. Someone has to be the Guinea Pig. :joy:

1 Like

“On 00.39 firmware, we added a multipoint function which means you can connect one speaker to two devices (phone/PC) (phone/phone) at the same time.”

2 Likes

I finally got a few minutes to test out Multi-Point @diogobouzon. It worked fine until I tried to use it with my 2 Booms paired in TWS. Am I right in assuming Multi-Point doesn’t work in TWS? I hope you can clarify this. I’m still messing around with it, but can’t get it to work in TWS.

This comment is also for you @sodojka since you are curious if you could hook up TWS to 2 different devices. Stay tuned.

2 Likes

Kind of cool that these have multipoint. Wonder if other speakers may get that update too. Might have to check out the triplets…

2 Likes

The Mini 3 says it can connect 2 devices at once, and it has Partycast. Never tried, and not sure I’d want to as Partycast was hard enough to get working.

2 Likes

I didn’t have any problems hooking up the two Booms in TWS. I also didn’t have any issues getting one Boom to work in Multi-Point.

The only issue I had is getting two Booms to work in Multi-Point while connected via TWS. I’m assuming they won’t work in that configuration which isn’t a big deal to me. I was just testing it out to see what was possible.

2 Likes

There’s no inherent reason why TWS can’t work with multipoint, at least for media, more challenging for calls.

I’d just be curious if anyone got it to work and if they did the exact step-by-step how.

The write-up Anker gave the FCC of how TWS works , they’re not just rebroadcasting a signal but alternative BT channels, so it’s not double the interference, means it’s possible one speaker can host the microphone but both speakers share the media. I don’t think they can have both microphones work on two speakers, that feels to me impossible.

I’ve been busy the last week so I didn’t have a lot of time to test it out.

Like I mentioned I got Multi-Point work with one easy. When I turned the 2nd one on in TWS, I couldn’t get Multi-Point to work. If I get a chance, I’ll experiment more with it. I usually only use the Booms connected to my phone, so personally it’s not a big deal to me.

1 Like

Good one. Multipoint and TWS may be an accidental feature - as in keep trying different button and connection sequences and if you do get it to work remember and document for the collective.

I can see the engineer would not intend these to work together but they may anyway.

1 Like

Guess I have my charge for the week, I’ll post up how I manage, and maybe the steps needed to be had…

In theory, only looking at the hardware, if you connect first speaker for calls and media to first device (phone) and then connect 2nd device to first speaker, then begin playing media from first device, then get TWS working to second slave speaker, then pause media on 1st device and play media on 2nd device then the master will work but the slave won’t.

If it’s not engineered to work and not tested to work then anything is just luck.