USB Bluetooth 5 Adapter Suggestions?

I am very interested in the new LIfe Q30’s to use while working from home, but I need to buy a Bluetooth adapter for my desktop computer. Given that these headphones use Bluetooth 5, I was planning to match that to the adapter for the most features, best sound, etc. However when I went on Amazon and elsewhere to look at the USB adapters that are available, I don’t see many, especially from reputable brands with support and software updates if needed (important).

Does anyone have any suggestions on adapters to get?

Is BT5 not needed in this case for audio?

May be there is a possibility to add a bt card to your PC.

There are many!
Depends on the slots in your PC and the OS!

You would get a better performance instead of a dongle.

Consider this one from Anker!

1 Like

PC - Windows 10, and I do have slots available. I don’t see a ton of cards that just do bluetooth, more wifi/bluetooth combos that increase cost. I have a wired home and don’t plan to use the wireless side.

Any suggestions?

That looks to be more of a BT Transmitter, taking line in input from a 3.5mm or other audio source and then transmitting it via bluetooth to wherever. I was hoping to avoid that extra digital to analog conversion and do the conversion only once via the adapter or heapdhones whoever has the best DAC. So more of just a USB input, and it would have the side benefit of connecting a mouse, IOT thing, etc.

1 Like

You have the possibility of being able to go into your device manager and right click on the wireless nic and disable it if you opt for a combo card. You could also go with a 5.0 dongle that is compatible and then disable your Bluetooth Radios separately in device manager.

1 Like

You are right the most of these are combos.
And mostly Bt 4.0
So a dongle should be better @Fuu_bar mentioned this!:grinning:
Using WIN 10 there should be many compatibel