USB-C with magnets

Magsafe charging was one of my favorite features of the Macbook series, and apple got rid of it with USB-C charging. But someone had the bright idea to bring it back, with products like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-HOGORE-Converter-Charging-Compatible/dp/B07NPNYCBG/

And then someone else had the bright idea to use that product on things other than laptops.

This is the connector I want on my phone, on my headphones, on my laptop, pretty much everywhere. Magnets are great in so many ways.

This isn’t exactly a soundcore product, more of a market for Anker to get into, and it needs some standardization for interoperability. But this seems like something that at least a few others here would be excited to see in their electronics.

I would think that anker/soundcore would want to wait until there was a standardized version of this before entering the market.

I’m down with this 100%. I never understood why the connection for any device is tension rather than magnet, honestly. Unless there is some negative impact on the battery from the presence of a magnet. I would ask @ankertechnical about that. Thoughts?

1 Like

I agree. And I would love to see a standard for this. I assume the issue historically has been cost - good magnets cost a little more than connectors I guess.

Yes this is was a great thing!
Those plugs!

1 Like

I have seen this before and liked the idea of easy plug/unplug your charging cable. even in dark, you don’t need to hunt for the hole :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Only issue is I have more devices and every device need to have it which may effect my wallet end of the day.
If Anker comes with a cost effective way that might be a selling point.

2 Likes

Same issue :smile: . Like everything that is small, you can end up losing them. LOL I have 16 and 12 yr olds who try to leave clothes in the floor. It may be better for me to try to get these AFTER my kids leave the house.

2 Likes

I see what you did there :rofl::joy::sweat_smile::laughing::rofl::joy:

1 Like

LOL :joy::joy::rofl::rofl::upside_down_face:

Anybody know if there is any energy loss when charging with since they are not one solid connection.

There are losses. It is a pressure connection. But it shouldn’t be much worse than microUSB or USB-C, which are also pressure connections. The big issue with an adapter like I linkes is you are effectively adding two new ones, you go from one USB-C to two USB-C and a magnetic connection.

1 Like