"USB device not recognized" when charging Q20 from computer

When I plug my Life Q20 headphones into my computer to charge (instead of into a wall charger), it seems that they charge just fine. However, approximately every 30 seconds, Windows plays the “USB device connected” sound, then pops up an error message that says “USB device not recognized”. After showing that message for a few seconds, the “USB device disconnected” tone plays, and the message disappears.

Is this normal? Will it break the headphones (or the computer) if I keep charging them this way?

It won’t hurt your headphones at all. Windows is annoying like that, it expects to get communications and the headset isn’t sending anything, just charging.

If you use a charge only micro usb cable, it shouldn’t do that, as the two communication wires aren’t connected at all.

3 Likes

It won’t hurt the pc either. Will ask are you using them while charging

It may be of a lose connections of the plugs. I have times that it seemed it was in but it was not.

Not using while charging, just sitting still on my desk. I know it is not a loose connection, because the charging light on the headphones stays on the whole time. I believe the previous poster’s diagnosis is correct.

1 Like