Using Liberty 2 Pro for Conference calls, where's the MUTE button

Connecting the Liberty 2 Pro to a Mac or a PC for conference calls at work. Finally a mic on True Wireless that is usable!!!

Here’s the problem… When I go to the kitchen to get a drink, how do I mute/unmute the mic? It’s a show-stopper for this use-case.

Thanks,

Sean

1 Like

I would be assuming the mute would be on the computer screen of the conference call program that you are on. If you are connected to the conference call through your phone, you probably have the mute on your phone.

Unlike say the Strike 3 headset that has the mute for the headphones on the headset themselves.

1 Like

Like I said, when I walk away from the computer (one of the reasons I wanted true wireless) there is no way to mute the mic.

You know how those 2 hour meetings go. Just need a drink, lunch, adult beverage :wink: to get you through it. So its not possible then?

Sean

1 Like

I am not saying that it is not impossible but the current buttons control is next, previous, voice assistant, volume up and down.

I do meetings all the time and most times I know that most calls offers you to connect a headset or earbuds and to call in but watch on pc.

I most times I stay muted and am connected through a headset. If you are connected through earbuds, you can mute your pc through the program on the pc and go off and get what you need to eat.

The trouble may come in if you are getting your food and also need to respond since you are muted at your pc.

I see one option is a lot of those calls let you visually see the conference call on the pc but you can call into the call via your phone. I think if you did that option, I believe you can mute yourself as you leave to get your food (just have to carry your phone to unmute).

I know Anker has the powerconf and I was thinking it could connect to the phone or pc and could be carried and think it had a mute as well.

1 Like

Liberty 2 Pro or any of the earbuds are mostly listening music / voice calls, with limited control functionality and expectation that the majority of controls are performed on the Bluetooth Source, like Smartphone or PC. These work great for what they are quoted to perform for!!

Mute functionality is usually found on dedicated headset for calls, and different from L2P, if this is the functionality you are looking for, sadly, you will need to look at other options.