Very poor performance in Life Q30 microphone. Anything to do? Please don't say wire it!

Mic does not work well on Iphone Calls muffled, enclosed and cut voice output. Same for Windows MS Teams calls. Also random sound cuts hearing music. Firmware 2.1

There are several threads about different issues people have had. This is with soundcore or any other brand as well.

1. Go to BT and make sure the call option is on the device cog. Unsure of how iPhone does it. This may help on team calls as well.

2. Others find conflict of phone vs pc as both are connected and may conflict.

3. Some have old pc bt driver that needs updated

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the microphone performance of your Life Q30. We appreciate you could try the following steps to see if it helps at all.

1. Upgrade the Bluetooth driver of your device to the latest version(Bluetooth drivers must come from the specific manufacturer for your exact laptop model. Download and install the appropriate Bluetooth driver from the laptop vendor’s web site)
  2. “Forget” the headphones in your device’s Bluetooth history, and reset the headphones by holding down MFB(power button) and volume + button for 5 seconds, and then pair them again.
  3. Make sure you are wearing the headphones correctly to ensure the microphone is facing towards your mouth. There is an L/R logo inside the ear pad.
  4. Use the default phone call and try another phone to see if it makes any difference.
  5. Upgrade the firmware to date via Soundcore App

If the issue still persists, don’t worry, please don’t hesitate to contact us at service@soundcore.com by detailing your order number and the problem you come across. We will reply you within 24 hours.

1 Like

Hey Anny, are you the same one who did a couple of live Periscope with @Loz a few years ago?

With PC no sound cuts, mic doesn’t perform at least acceptable. It is just bad.

With iphone 11 it does micro-cuts all the time. They can happen 3 in ten seconds or none at all for minutes. I can say I have from 2 to 8 cuts in five minutes. I am checking solutions on iPhone side. So far, nothing has helped in either side.

With PC no sound cuts, mic doesn’t perform at least acceptable. It is just bad.

With iphone 11 it does micro-cuts all the time. They can happen 3 in ten seconds or none at all for minutes. I can say I have from 2 to 8 cuts in five minutes. I am checking solutions on iPhone side. So far, nothing has helped in either side.

I have my Q30s on last firmware. I have done alll resets in my iPhone to stop stuttering issue. I have done all resets on Q30s as well. NO solution yet.

Thanks a lot Anny for your kind advice!!!

I’d say the root issue is you are pairing with PC and phone and then the PC is older Bluetooth version, and you’re not rebooting headphones between the phone and PC.

It’s been discussed at length many times.

The reason sometimes it solves it by replacing under warranty is the next one you just happened to connect in different sequence, then “begins to fail” as next time you connect in different sequence.

Oh my god, I have already bought it, and it’s shipping now. I need to use it for meetings a lot of the time. What should I do now?

Well you can do 1 of 2 things.

1. If you’re really that nervous about it, try to cancel the order.
  2. Do what I do when I order something. Try it out, form your own opinion on the product. If it doesn’t meet your needs, then return it. Good luck with whatever you decide.
2 Likes

Hey, Julianchica, I am sorry to learn that the headphones’ micro-cuts all the time on your iPhone 11, if the issue still persists after trying some troubleshooting already, I am afraid that this is unusual, please contact us at [service@soundcore.com] by detailing your order number and the problem you come across, we will help you further.

The most reliable thing to do is only pair with a single device and not two devices.

In particular, Windows has an annoying habit of attempting to connect to everything ever paired, the multiconnect doesn’t like different Bluetooth versions and average phones are newer versions than average PC.

With focused attention you can make reliable but don’t think this is a fault with the Soundcore product, it’s really the fault of Windows.

thanks you reply
the item is packed ready cannot return

i will buy q30 because it can connect 2 device

Don’t assume it will work or work reliably. If they are different versions of Bluetooth you have to connect to oldest first.

i find a people have q30 call me , i hear the voice is ok

Just email service@soundcore.com