Volume control not working on Mac with Anker Soundcore Life Q20

When I’m using my Anker Soundcore life q20 headset the volume control in my mac does not make any change in the volume level of the headphones. I have to use the buttons in the headset instead to increase/decrease the volume.

Another interesting information is that when I’m in a call the volume control works well (google meet, slack, ms teams, etc.). Also, volume control from apps like Spotify does change the volume of the headphones, unlike mac volume control.

I paired many times and the problem persists.

Any ideas on what is happening?
Thanks.

I do not have those but what headphone options are on… meaning go to Bluetooth and hit cog… call is for teams n calls … turn to audio for music… I would try to have one on at a time to see if that helps.

I know a lot during the year has to update their Bluetooth drivers. Although it is not the issue but is another option to think about

I’m positive the issue is related to audio setting on mac. I’m a windows user so keep in mind when you see the screenshots. You should check what audio output is when you click the volume icon:

When you click the volume icon, you should see (I hope it is the case in MacOS as well) the audio outputs you have selected.

Normally when watching videos or listening to music, you listen through the stereo mode but video calls run on Hands-Free AG mode (which enables the mic). If you have that Hands-Free AG selected, you are reducing volume on that mode but your headphones would be running on stereo mode for best audio quality so it won’t adjust volume properly. Give this a try and let us know if this was the issue

1 Like