Wake Up to Wakey!

Feels like Wakey Week here, doesn’t it? But that’s all good, here in the Collective we think it is one of our most underrated speakers.

Today I’m going to shine some light on just one of the reasons that we think it’s so cool: the Soundcore app features.

Alarm Clock
WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD. It’s only the most important function for the modern era! Sure, there is hardly an electronic device around that doesn’t have an alarm clock on it nowadays. But we reckon Wakey does it better than most.

Set up to 15 alarms (good news for serial snoozers), and then choose from 10 pleasant alarm tones to get you ready for the day ahead. Or go old school and get woken up by the radio!

Sleep Aids
Despite the massively misleading name, Wakey doesn’t just wake you up in the morning. It also puts you to sleep at night! With 10 calming ambient sounds (such as birdsong, rain, and ocean waves), you’ll definitely find something to soothe you to sleep. And if you’re feeling adventurous, you can mix the sounds together, adjust their volume, then escape into your own custom soundscape!

Brightness Adjustment
If you like a pitch black bedroom when you sleep, an alarm clock can be the source of a sleep-disrupting glow. The Soundcore app allows you to adjust the brightness of Wakey’s LED clock so you have the perfect sleeping environment.

And there are a ton more functions and features that you can learn about here!

Which Wakey feature would make your life easier? If you can’t decide then remember we’re giving away 5 Wakeys this week. Go here now to enter!

9 Likes

I think the white noise part

@Will, You may want to rethink your numbers.

I t would not be 10. With FB n twitter with one and community stated 5, I think it would be more like 7 unless, I do not know something that you do. :smile:

1 Like

Hmmmm didn’t think there were 10 being given away. I wonder which thread has the typo…maybe they want to give more away :joy:

1 Like

Also idk if it’s conisidence but the focus has shifted to the waked not long after a thread was created on the community by I want to say @gANKstER but I could be wrong on who created it with not happy thoughts about it

1 Like

So will it be 5 or 10 winners?

1 Like

I think 5 on community and 2 on social media not 10 total :joy:. Also yes you’re correct on that @ktkundy

So many giveaways happening… 5., 10, 15… Any more numbers :joy:

1 Like

I think it is a coincidence of @gANKstER Wakey review and what they are doing. I thimk if that was the case they would have done this earlier.

I think several threads have mentioned some of the issues in their review as well over several months ago.

Overall, I like the concept of it. I think it does some things would need tweaked based on other reviews previously done on the site.

1 Like

I think I could find a place for it in my house - it would work for someone. But that wouldn’t be me most likely. Based in part on @gANKstER’s review, but I have seen similar feedback elsewhere.

1 Like

These events and articles take weeks in preparation… I agree with @Duane_Lester it is a coincidence!

1 Like

Thought it was only 7 to giveaway but I would be happy to see additional 3 chances. Thanks @Will, I love the white noise feature on Wakey.

2 Likes

There are a couple features that pique my interest in wakey… the ambient noise for sleeping would be nice. Second would be the choice of 15 alarms Would allow me to set two per day and the second to be later.

No need for the snoozer…

TS1

1 Like

So… I would be flattered if my review had that much influence but I doubt it. I was waffling on whether or not to post the review at all (I had put the product away months ago because it wasn’t great for me), but really I wasn’t alone in noting some of the interface issues with the product. They should switch the white LEDS to red, remove the blue charging indicator, time out the connection indicator lights on the bottom, and improve the timekeeping of the device (independent of a BT connection) on the next iteration. Making the device lights completely go out isn’t a great solution to the brightness problem - I do like knowing what time it is when I wake up in the night (as I often do), so I’m not using the “turn all lights off” function myself.

Those things said, I really do like waking up to NPR :smiley: So I’m glad I got it back out. I’ve just positioned it so that the lights are not glaring right at me all night. Also the white noise is great - the ability to mix and match and level the different white noises is a really cool innovation.

2 Likes

An option to have level control on the lights showing the time would help. And an ability to mute all of the others, preferably on a schedule.

As you point out, red light is much better for a dark room than white or blue. That should be the default for alarm clocks as a matter of course.

1 Like

I’m really hoping they do a wakey 2.0 in the future. Or maybe a wakey pro😂

1 Like

They do have levels for the digital numbers…they just don’t go dim enough. I really think the problem is the white light.

1 Like

I’m not good enough at waking up for the wakey pro :rofl:

2 Likes