What are the things you no longer use because of the Technology

What are the things you no longer have or use because of tech? We use more and more voice for light on / off…

3 Likes

I still don’t have smart bulbs. Gonna order a few this week, but I can’t afford bulbs for the whole house lol

1 Like

Those AUX to cassette player adapters.

1 Like

My old cordless phones (land line connected) are all kids toys.

1 Like

Hardly use our DVD player… which is kind of sad!! Ha ha!

1 Like

We still very much use the Landlines with Cordless phones… VOIP though, gives flexibility with poor cell reception at times

DVD players have been eWasted couple of years back :grin:

My hands while I drive thanks to this Tesla. (“Totally kidding”: in fear of legal ratification.)

1 Like

Ooh, I want a Tesla. I’ll get one eventually. I just need one more supercharger in my area for me to be ready.

1 Like

Crazy to think what else we might not need in the next 10 years because of technology. Ever changing

1 Like

What we use today, mostly be outdated in less than 5 years

1 Like

I would say all technology is outdated in 5 years. Even the cables we use will be old school.

The only thing that isn’t really outdated that fast is cars. They don’t become outdated for a solid 10-15 years. And even when they do become “outdated” it really just adds character to the vehicle :wink:

3 Likes

I’d also say TVs wouldn’t really be outdated in 5 years since there aren’t really any major TV upgrades in the past years except better resolution quality.

1 Like

oh oh oh… have seen weird stories for Tesla auto driving, which I dont want to mention here :rofl:

But driving a vehicle “without” actually holding the wheel freaks me out… i just cannot trust a machine drive me :crazy_face:

But that will be the trend in few years (hopefully it does not happen for next 100 years :crossed_fingers: )

2 Likes

last 2 weeks have watched movies & shows mostly on the Nebula Capsule, … so to some extent, i do agree that TVs can / may get outdated…

but monitor as-such will be used no matter what time, till there is some kind of Hologram
(what you see in Marvel / Tony Stark do all the time… @TechMan knows it well since he is binge-watching Marvel movies)

The list is a bit shit, and too early.

Ok, we no.longer have rotorary dial phones, but people and especially business rely on the home phone.

I still have light switches, plugs I need to turn on/off. The thermostat is still old style, as it is in most houses. We still have a wall clock

I think come back in another twenty years, and this “report” might even be relavant, but now it’s too early, and the vast majority are still “old schoool”.

1 Like

My 24 year old accord is very definitely outdated, but keeping it anyway.

1 Like

Books. I haven’t read an actual book in a couple of years. Many thanks to .pdf and kindle for making physical books a thing of the past for me.

1 Like

its been eBooks all the way for last 4-5 years, all PDFs, the only books I read are for my kids for bed time story :rofl: which Google Assistant is ready to take place by telling stories…

3 Likes

@Macblank Nice to see you next in action!!

1 Like

I don’t use my lawn mower anymore:robot: and I no longer have a standard litter box thanks to robots…:robot:

1 Like