What are the things you no longer use because of the Technology

You have a robot lawn mover , litter Cleaner? :ok_hand:t2::+1:t2:

Yea. Both have been a real time saver and just overall quality of life improvement for both myself and cat. lol

1 Like

That’s great… these time savers make time for more important things in life :v:t2:

oh yea, easily 2 hours every time I would have to cut the grass which is 2 - 3 times a week during the spring. And its nice that cat always has a clean litter box when she uses it. Very helpful when you travel a lot for work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or you could pay someone like me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

It’s cheaper to have the robot do it ROI is 2 years when looking at comparable lawn services in the area. Plus it gets mowed everyday, which is better for the grass.

And I need content for my YouTube channel so win-win-win. lmao

1 Like

May I know the lawn mower brand? Husqvarna??

1 Like

The other day my niece asked me “what’s a landline?” Lol

2 Likes

Sure is!

Shameless YouTube Plug:

Feel free to reach out if you are considering one and have questions! I love it, but there are a few gotchas to keep in mind. They aren’t going to be for every yard.

3 Likes

I know this from earlier stages of development… May consider one in the future but not any sooner…

1 Like

This week I’ve realised how much value keyless entry to the car has to me!! My car is very poorly and has been at the dealers for repair for the last month on and off (despite only being just over 3 years old!!! :rage:).

I’ve been in a courtesy car for the last 10 days and I have to get the key out my bag constantly to open and start the car and Oh my what an inconvenience it is!!!

Sounds super lazy I know but it is what you get used to. When you’ve got 2 kids and are carrying their stuff or shopping bags or it’s pouring of rain I’m so used to just running over to the car and putting my hand in the door to open, now I have to stand there rummaging about for keys - such a pain! But then I guess that’s the world of modern technology - I’ve been so used to leaving my key fob buried at the bottom of my bag and never even seeing it, it’s become a chore to keep digging it out!

Anyway moving on, I’m loving @TheBeardedTechGuy Automower - just watched the video - would love one of those for my lawn!!

2 Likes

Hope “Google Assistant” will not do any other father’s tasks! :wink:

1 Like

I somehow knew this comment will come and from you :smiley: and no I will not let Google do that :innocent:

1 Like

Only usable on “english lawn”
In our jungle garden it would get lost or broken immediately. :rofl:

1 Like

@star100 It is one of the best purchases I’ve made as a home owner. It’s great just floating around the pool while I listen to my neighbors cut their lawn every weekend. lmao

It also was a life saver when we had to be away from the house for 2 weeks straight due to a family emergency. The lawn never crossed my mind while away, but when I got home it was the first thing I saw when I pulled in the driveway all nice and perfect.

@Chiquinho When I first had it installed the grass was actually taller than it… lol It took a while to tame the beast but it handled well.

2 Likes

thats what even my daughter asks me, showing me our home cordless line…

but at times, when your mobile is low on battery or not able to find your cell and need to make a call, these things come in handy :smiley:

My cordless home phone is virtually useless - the only people that call it are scam calls or my dad! Don’t really know why I keep it - need to train my dad to call my mobile! lol

1 Like

I still keep landline as emergency go to phone. Not paying any big bucks though so not a big dent on my pocket…why not keep it then?

1 Like

I have Fiber service at my house and the way it works is you need the termination box to have power for phones to work. So even with a battery backup, I wouldn’t have a land line for that long.

1 Like

I use VOIP landline :grin:

1 Like