What country are you from? Show off

Every day we only see our small profile photos (mine is a white eagle, because it is our Polish emblem).
You are here from many parts of the world.
If you want, please show where you are from.:grinning:
I am probably alone here from Polandā€¦:frowning:

3 Likes

Lithuania.
@sodojka Jestem z Litwy

3 Likes

Not anywhere special, just Florida.

3 Likes

Amazing - but a surprise !!!:slightly_smiling_face:
Hello neighbor !!!
Polak, Litwin dwa bratanki- cieszę się niezmiernie.

3 Likes

Howzit! (Vernac for ā€œHowā€™s it going?ā€)
I hail from sunny South Africa! :south_africa:

3 Likes

One of the most beautiful US states. People dream of living there. You can watch the launch of space rocketsšŸ™‚.

Indeed Florida is lovely this time of year, itā€™s warm when much is still cold. I worked in Tampa for a few months. I did find it too hot humit in summer.

Iā€™m one of many in the United States

2 Likes

And from what state?

New York state.

1 Like

As the professor already answered Iā€™m from New York

3 Likes

I will say I went to Florida in November of this year and it was still humid at that time of year as well but slightly less hot.

2 Likes

You live in a country that is very exotic to me.
Have you seen the penguins on the Cape of Good HopešŸ™‚?

1 Like

And you live far from Rietavas?

Professor knows us all! :rofl:

index

I am from MĆ¼nchen Bayern.
But I am a 1/2 Austrian.
My mother came from Linz.
And thats a interesting combination.

The Austrian way and philosophy of life
is far away from the normal German one
(especially that from the North of Germany, we call them here in Bavaria ā€œPrussiansā€ and the Austrians call them ā€œPiefkesā€
(nicknames of course no bad intention :slight_smile: )) :rofl::rofl:

In the 1980s, the USA was a dreamland for us, and I was always fascinated by the American nature. At that time, I was writing letters to about two hundred different national and historical parks. They wrote back to me from almost everyone. They were letters from paradise for me. Iā€™ve also read dozens of books on American Indians.

1 Like

Thank you, yes our :penguin: and seals are quite entertaining there on the southern tip of our country and continent. If youā€™re ever here you must try our snoek fish and chips in Hout Bayā€¦unique taste experience! :yum:
Glad to make your acquaintanceā€¦hope to visit your part of Europe in the futureā€¦after this pandemic has subsided. Take care and stay safe!

1 Like

Lithuania is pretty small. Bigest distance inside the Lithuania is less than 350 km. Distance from my current place to Rietavas is a bit more than 50 km.
So in Lithuanian distance measement system I live not far but not very close to Rietavas :rofl:

1 Like

No, the Internet knows us all. I just press the buttons.