What is the oldest speaker/stereo you currently own?

I found these mid-90s computer speakers in a drawer in my bathroom today. I wondered what they were doing there, then I remembered: I used to use these for bathroom music playing! I would plug in my iPod and use these little guys to jam out while showering :laughing: Of course, I just use my Icons now.

To my question: what’s the oldest speaker system you have in your house currently? I suspect @Chiquinho will beat us all, but it would be interesting to see what you all come up with.

2 Likes

I left all my old stuff at my mums house when I moved to England. So most of the stuff I have is all only a few years old :joy:

1 Like

I don’t hold on to anything once I upgrade, clutter bothers me.

1 Like

I don’t think I have any of that stuff.

I had my fair share of old stereo equipment but I’ve since moved on to only Bluetooth. I don’t even have a stereo setup on my TV anymore. I’m looking to get a new system to replace it (probably a soundbar though).

Basically I got rid of all that equipment. It can’t stand compared to modern stuff so I donated it and gave it to friends who don’t care if they have newer stuff.

1 Like

I used to keep a lot of old equipment at my office because we didn’t have the budget to replace gear if it broke. Even if we got a new speaker (or other device) I would hold onto the old one because someone inevitably would ask for it eventually. Thankfully, our budget has increased drastically over the years, so we are no longer storing 30+ year old equipment!!

1 Like

I had some old Logitech desktop speakers, just got rid of them last year…now I use only the Soundcore Speakers and home theatre sound system…

1 Like

I used to have an 80s Bose stereo system until I asked my brother to look after it and he claimed I gave it to him :wink:

I used to play with a radio from 70’s I don’t see it any more, must have lost it :man_facepalming:

I have a 5.1 pioneer system minus the sub. I lost somewhere over the years. It’s from the 90s I think. It’s going to be recycled at some point it come out of storage and be installed in the barn.

I have a set of warfdale (sp?) Still new in the box that are from the early 2000s that someone gave me 10 years ago and I haven’t been able use them and no one wants them.

4 years ago.I had an old zenith 2 speaker system that came with a turn table, 8 track, and a tape player. It came in a nice console system. My grandfather bought in the late 60s I think. I left it at our farm and we lost it along with our family history documents when the farmhouse burned to the ground

Revox Tape, Thorens turntable, Akai amplifier, Braun speakers.
Bought in 1972.
All perfect working!
This was a quality we will never get anymore.:wink:

1 Like

As predicted, @Chiquinho wins the award for oldest equipment :older_man::+1: I wasn’t even born in 1972!

@element321 I have a circa 2008 sony dvd with surround and I can’t give it away either.

@loz classic brother move :laughing:

1 Like

And it works.
We live in a house, neighbours about 50m away, but I dont dare to play the stereo more than 50%.
And no “hissing and distortion :wink:”!
What a power.

1 Like

Have you added one of these to the stereo?

06%20PM

I play my old records and the tape from time to time.
I got treasures!
(All from ca 1972 - 1980)
I know this adapter. but the equipment got those plugs :
Cinch and DIN
s-l300

1 Like

Came across what is certainly my oldest stereo a few days ago in the loft (thought it had been thrown away as it is kaput)…an Aiwa double cassette FM stereo with 3 CD top deck circa 1990’s…added to the pile of electronics for recycling after Xmas…

Image for ref

Congrats @Chiquinho I do believe in “Old is Gold”

2 Likes

If I take a look at the mirror I have to agree! :wink:

3 Likes

True :laughing: I was talking about the speaker though.

3 Likes

Old speakers, old men , they are beauties, believe me! :rofl:

2 Likes

Can’t deny it as I’m getting there too slowly.

3 Likes