What is the song you remember from your childhood?

Maybe it was a nursery rhyme, the first concert you went to, a special song your parents used to sing, we are brought up with songs that stick with us for a lifetime.

My mother used to sing the mockingbird song. It frequently comes to mind now…

1 Like

Mine used to sing a song from 1 Corinthians 13 to me going to bed occasionally. Stuck enough that I sing it to my kids the same way. They just call it daddy’s song.

For me, its mixture of classic rock and 50s and 60s pop as a young child.

Remember songs from the Beach Boys. I can’t remember the song names but when I hear the song it reminds of different things I was doing as a child when the song was playing.

For classic rock it was Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf and a couple of Jimi Hendrix Songs.

As I got older it was Beastie Boys - Brass Monkey, Fight For Your to Party, and Girls.
Of course there are others but those songs are mostly rock and grunge but Beastie Boys stands out the most.

meet virginia

Elvis, the ghetto

Bearing in mind what was happening.in my childhood, this song seemed so powerful and emotional. I was almost angry… They fking killed him…WHY?

mine was a Spanish lullaby Duérmete mi niño :slight_smile:

One year my aunt was visiting from the east coast. We took her all over southern California–up to Universal Studios in Hollywood, Disneyland, the usual stuff. Every time we turned on a radio when she was here–whether at home, in the car, or in a hotel in LA–Culture Club’s “Karma Chameleon” was playing. My aunt passed away in early 2001, and she would laugh about that until the day she died.

“Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon!”

The only thing I remember in English is “Mary had a Little Lamb”… Classic school nursery rhyme … Still remember those childhood days…

Handel’s Messiah
Mendelssohn Concerto in E
Passacaglia

1 Like

Can’t really pin it down to just one song more a melody of 50’s, 60’s and 70’s groups with a heavy dose of 80’s pop and rock thrown in (seeming that was the decade I was born)…

To be more open about … Songs I remember, there’s far too many to list.

I remember a lot of Elvis as I grew up, with lots of 70s music (I’m a 69er! lol). Wasn’t that fussed over much music.in the 80s, except Adam and the Ants, madness, Queen, Bon Jovi, to name a few. As.for.school discos, well we won’t talk about that!

90s I discovered dance n rave music, and loved it. I still like my cloud, trance, dance, EDM, gamma to this day.

00s, didnt care for much of it, and same for the 10s. Late at night I will put a music channel on to sleep to … It helps to mask the noises of living in an apartment block.

My parents listened to classic rock. In 3rd grade, my teacher went to the office to make copies. A classmate asked me where he had gone. I told her that “he was on the highway to hell” lol. :rofl:

Parents would play More than a Feeling by Boston, that song always sticks in my head growing up.