What kind of stereo are you using beside our soundcore speaker?

As far I know there are many audiophile friends gathered here.
Beside using the soundcore bt speakers,
I am sure there is other HIFI equipment!

E.g
I my private little office here at home I use a little SONY stereo
to listen do DAB+ Radio.

I our living I got my old (I bought this 45 years ago) stunning stereo.

Amplifier/Receiver : AKAI,
Tape : REVOX,
Turntable : THORENS
Speakers : BRAUN

There was NEVER any problem with this equipment.
This high quality is quite out of reach today :smiley:

1 Like

I’m a big fan of Sonos speakers and the fact that they’re always on and ready to play!

Not the cheapest ones. :wink:
Never came in touch with those.

1 Like

I have a 140W pioneer receiver running to 2 180W jvc’s, and 2 100W sharps. I would like to get a better receiver because it is always better to have more power than you need, but I can’t right now. I normally only run it at 10 to 30% volume though, so the 140W is plenty for me.

Bose soundlink mini is a goodie

Thats a simple bluetooth, such one we have here a lot!

1 Like

I was running these Bower and Wilkins Formation Duo Speakers for a while, I beta tested them and would have loved to keep them. But at 4 grand for the pair, there was no way the company was letting testers have them.

I currently use a 1000w Sony surround sound system form like 2002. It works still, but I have had to replace the speakers over the years because they either get blown or just flat out stop working. I would love to update it, but other priorities take precedence. Oh yea, I do have my turntable hooked up to the receiver as well so I can crank it up as needed.

1 Like
  • Bose Soundlink Color
  • Bose Soundlink mini II
  • Lenovo Smart Display

If I am feeling like the house needs to rattle a little when no one is home, I fire up the Sony HTX9000F soundbar

I got such a Bose soundlink mini II
not better than the Soundcore Motion+
but smaller and light weighted.

1 Like

I had a nice home theater system. It was custom system but that was over 10 years ago and got rid of the system when I moved.

Now I have a budget friendly soundbar and sub woofer setup and a creative labs 5.1 setup in the office. That one will be updated with a Bose system at some point.

Out in the barn I have an old Pioneer 5.1 system that will be installed once I run power to it.

We are building a new 30ft by 25ft shop/garage/gym and that one will have a high end entertainment center installed. Once I have the building built I will design that system.

I have an onkyo system inherited from my grandfather. It works pretty well. Old hardware will last a surprisingly long time - very large and not as energy efficient as would be ideal, but keeps ticking along.

1 Like

That’s true!
Looking at ME I can confirm.:laughing:

3 Likes

I wish I still had my old Onkyo system, but when I moved I had put it into storage. When I came back I found half of my stuff destroyed due to the storage facility getting flooded. My stereo included. I mean they did compensate me for damages, but nothing could replace that onkyo receiver as it was a relic that kept on working.

2 Likes

I hit like, but that is an awful story :cry: Having a system that just works is a big deal. On the other hand, it doesn’t connect with all the modern stuff quite as simply as I would like. So there are upsides to modernizing.

1 Like

At least my parents still had the system I’m using now. So not all was lost, they have it back to me after we found my storage had got flooded.

1 Like

Seems you living in a region where always something happens. :wink:
Floods, storms.
I would never get used to this.

1 Like

Why connect to modern stuff.
So beautiful!
No software, no troubles! :joy:

Leave it as it is and enjoy it.
Could be passed to your kids.

1 Like

Only other speaker setup I have currently outside of Soundcore’s would be the one’s built into my turntable…not best but also not the worst :raised_hands:

Well the storage facility was in Connecticut, it wasnt flooded because of a storm. One of the sprinkler heads went bad and the system went off on everyones stuff. My storage was on the first floor and all the water from 3 floors all came down and pretty much pooled and flooded the first.

Storms or not, I love where I live.

Got a Thorens TD 160 MK2 (Made 1972-1975)
Ortofon system
Phantastic Turntable.

thorens-td-160-mkII-open

1 Like