What kind of stereo are you using beside our soundcore speaker?

My brother had a sony system from about that time, it may be the same one. That system was pretty awesome.

1 Like

Too bad that many of these great, everlasting systems went to trash.

1 Like

Sad, but true. I do have to admit that certain features of newer items are appealing, but things like what you have are to special to be replaced.

Besides Soundcore, have the below:

• Vizio Home Theater Sound System and Wireless Subwoofer – > Living Room
  • Bose SoundLink – > use it once in a while
  • Google Home Mini (4 of these) – > Daily Use
  • Zolo Mojo (part of Google Speaker Cluster)

With the Google Speaker Group, play the same music in all the rooms, play the mild music or kids music … keep something playing at low volume

Thanks for reminding me, I also have and use my Polk Audio soundbar with wireless sub in out great room. It has Alexa built in and works great…although sometimes I have to yell at alexa to get her act together as she likes to turn the volume down on me at night time.

Oh ja!
I will use my old stereo tomorrow.
Alone in the house! :joy:

1 Like

Google is good on me for any music request (connect with google play music), picks up the command 99% of the time, all the commands work well and audio fills into the home :slight_smile:

The soundbar with Alex works good for movies and I dont use that to play music. As you said google works great for music and that’s where all my music is stored too. I use my google mini tied to the Sony system

1 Like

Interesting, how are you storing music for Google? Just out of curiosity … is it like cloud music stored as playlist or your music files stored on google?

Never tried google.
I collect music since many years,
Some is “st*len” :rofl:
Beside listening to that collection I frequenting special radio station via net.

1 Like

You can upload your own music into Google Play Music. Wherever you got them from, if you have an MP3 it will upload. https://support.google.com/googleplaymusic/answer/1075570?hl=en

I don’t have a subscription, but uploaded my whole iTunes collection to there years ago. It works pretty well across all my android devices or anything with a web browser.

No chance with LINUX at the first glimpse.

But I will do research tomorrow.
There is quite nothing which is not possible with LINUX.
Some tricks and it works. (Better : should work :joy:)

The reason: Many freaks are in that OS and are “tinkering” around with.

1 Like

thats nice info, is there a limit on it. i had read something in the past, but never felt to follow-up, may be a good time to revisit.

Just.my boost.

Isn’t that soundcore though?

I have all my music uploaded and stored with Google, full access from anywhere

There are fees to be payed.
Not that I am poor guy.
But grown up with LINUX I like free of charge software.
And I must say, I am still in the game WITHOUT using such one with fees.

1 Like

Wow! 45 year old stereo. Thats older than me!

I use a pair of Kramer speakers with their own built in amp. Technically these are for commercial uses, but a supplier gave them to me. I am quite fond of them! This is how i listen to most things.

The older the better, not only stereo! :joy:

1 Like

Unfortunately such systems went to the orcus.
What a shame.

1 Like