What Would You Ask a GRAMMY-Winning Audio Engineer?

Hi everyone! We’re back with another edition of “Ask Me Anything”. This week we’re giving you the opportunity to go behind the scenes as @sean.l will be recording a podcast with a GRAMMY-winning audio engineer, Buck Snow!

Buck is a multi-GRAMMY award winning mixer. :trophy: He got his start in one of the world’s top recording and mixing facilities where he worked on all types of audio production and gained extensive experience in working with audio in both music and film. :headphones:

As you should already know by now, Liberty 3 Pro is recommended by 20 GRAMMY-Winning audio engineers. So this is your one and only chance to get your burning questions answered so put on your thinking caps and ask away (earbuds, music, careers, and more)!

Share them with us by November 19th, and if your question is selected you’ll get 50 points added to your Collective account.

Subscribe to the podcast and get notified when we go live! :studio_microphone:

:point_right: Apple

:point_right: Spotify

:point_right: For those without an app: Tune in Here

See you there! :wave:

3 Likes

What do you like best about the L3P? Is it the Sound Quality, ANC, Transparency, Fit, or just the whole package?

Did you enjoy working with Soundcore on a project like this (L3P)?

Last but not least , it’s not a question, but Happy Holidays to all.

1 Like

Thanks for opportunity @Winniew95 @sean.L
There are my questions:

1. What educational background is most suitable to start audio engineer’s career?
  2. Did you tried ever to create music?
  3. How much success of the project depends on equipement?
  4. How do you solve any conflicts with musicians, producers etc. while working on project.
  5. How many Soundcore products did you try? Which is the best?
  6. Could you share any funny moments from your career.
  7. What is the most difficult in sound engineers work?
    Hope to hear answers to my questions.
1 Like

What was the inspiration behind your tattoos?

With all of the technology that audio engineers have now adays is there a time that you had to go old school to get a sound that you or the artist wanted?

As always which was your favorite artist to work with?

Is there an artist that pushed your skills as an engineer to new levels?

I see that you like to take photos from your instagram post as well. What skills have you learned do you think have helped you in your career?

1 Like

What’s the worst part of your job?

1 Like

What’s the piece of work you feel most proud of?

If you got to choose one artist/band (dead or alive) to record/mix, who would it be?

What, in your opinion, is the most beautifully recorded album of all time?

Do you have a genre that you personally like to record/mix more than any others?

What’s your preferred method / favorite way to listen to music?

In listening to many of the Grammy award winning albums this week, I notice many intricate layers of music… big brass, piano, drums, bass, strings and vocals…

My question would be this:

With all of the intricate layers needing to have the perfect mix / mastering to achieve such great results, is there one component / instrument that you seemingly use as the baseline / pacesetter for the rest?

How do you achieve such balance as heard in Flight from Karoof - Part 1?

Thanks so much for the opportunity to queue a question for the podcast :slight_smile:

1 Like