What Would You Ask a Liberty Series Product Manager?

If you’ve been a fan of the Liberty Series, you may have questions about Soundcore’s most popular music-centered true wireless earbuds. What better way to get them answered by the product manager himself, Ivan. :clap:

He leads product strategy, innovation, and delivery for the Liberty true-wireless earbud line. Got any questions to ask the product manager? Don’t hesitate to do so (because the person with the best question is in for a treat)!

First, let’s do a little recap of the Liberty series. Let me know if you remember or own any one of these! :thought_balloon:

Liberty Neo true wireless earbuds are the embodiment of musical freedom with astonishing clarity and pumping bass. They boost graphene-enhanced drivers that deliver a wider soundstage. With an IPX7 rating, you don’t have to worry about water and sweat damaging the components at all.

Liberty Air quickly became one of Soundcore’s best-selling earbuds for everyday casual use. The earbuds are highly portable so if you regularly commute, work out, or spend most of your time on your phone, you’ll be happy with its air-light fit and exceptional clarity.

Liberty Air 2’s steal the scene with their awesome microphone quality — four microphones work together to capture your voice and remove background noise simultaneously. Equipped with a quick charging feature, enjoy two hours of use when you charge for ten minutes. And if you want to listen all day, you’ve got it because you’ll get 28 hours of playtime with the charging case.

Liberty Air 2 Pro needs no introduction. Launched in 2021, this pair of earbuds look good and sound great. They generate stunning clarity and were designed to sound great with incredible bass. You’ll also get the ultimate noise cancellation experience with different profiles— transport, indoors, and outdoors for pure sound in any location.

Liberty 2 true wireless earbuds feature a diamond-coated driver for sound with flawless quality. Get crystal-clear clarity and sound quality thanks to 4 built-in microphones and noise cancellation—perfect for phone calls even during noisy occasions. Best of all, you’ll get to create a tailor-made sound set up just for your ears.

Liberty 2 Pro delivers impressive clarity while producing thumping bass for jaw-dropping sound. It is also widely known for getting love from 10 GRAMMY-winning producers and artists with sound delivered in impeccable depth and nuance. The super snug fit earbuds will also not disappoint you when it comes to calls. Hear and be heard clearly!

Which of these are your favorites? And if given a chance, what features would you include in the future? Put on your thinking caps and feel free to shoot us any questions or come up with some brilliant ideas.

Share them with us before Friday, October 1st. If the team selects your question, you’ll get 20 points added to your account. Let’s get going!

7 Likes

I would like to ask him why there are so many different types of in ears are around.
Similar names, similar specs.
Such a strategy is confusing the customers.

1 Like

My favorite earbuds are Liberty 2 Pro :clap: - I’ve been raving about them for several months :+1:t2:.
1.Is it possible to add even a little
internal memory to them? I could then
listen to music or an audiobook when
there is no internet or when I don’t
want to carry my smartphone with me.
2.When will the successor of the
Liberty 2 Pro (+) be available (apparently it has
already been created)?
3. Despite the fact that user manuals are added to the products sold, many users have problems with performing the basic steps: pairing, reset, application support (as evidenced by frequent posts on the forum).
The videos you post recently are very helpful in solving these problems. Could you create such simple videos for each new product to make it easier to handle the new earbuds and apps?

2 Likes

Thanks for a chance to ask some questions about Liberty series @Winniew95
My questions:

1. What is rhe main difference between Liberty, Life and Spirit series earbuds?
  2. Which model of Liberty series is your favourite. Why?
  3. Which feature of earbuds is the most important for you.
  4. Are you going to release new models to update all Liberty series models (Neo, Air, Pro, Air Pro)?
  5. Did you already planned technical or design innovations for upcoming new models?
  6. Do you have plans to make half in-ear earbuds in nearest future?
    Thanks for the answers :grinning:
2 Likes

I think a good example of @Chiquinho statement is Life q35 and the Life tune Pro are basically the same earbuds but with different names. It is believed in past threads that the two different sets is one set is purely store sold and the other set is a purely internet sold set. It seems to be more of the Life series that have the duel sets of devices with different name.

I always looked at the different types as of functionality of the earbuds based on their naming.

Spirit series seem more outdoors, workout and sweat type earbuds none with app support
Liberty series was the more their signature buds with awesome sounds with app support
Life series seems to be the functions earbuds (noise canceling/noise reduction/ bass up) with app support

If the earbuds follow this type of format, I am wondering if the Liberty 3 Pro (that people are thinking are being made ) will have NC functionality that people have been asking for the Liberty 2 Pros and they think it will be in the 3 pro instead or will NC just be in the Life series. (ie Liberty --sound quality Life – NC)

Second question- Which comes first the chicken or the egg? In this case do you decide what type of earbuds you want to build (in ear/on ear/over ear) or do you decide on the functionality before you start the design and that leads to the design. Cause I can see it going either way as you may want to design an earbud that is different from other buds (take the one company that has the bean type earbud) or functionality will lead to what design you can do for the buds.

1 Like
  1. when designing the liberty air 2 Pro what priority of design was important the driver setup or anc?

2. if you make a 3 series would you consider a more minimalist design meaning no more stem?

3. will you consider using two way drivers instead of a one way driver for your next release? (Instead of the ACAA make a woofer and tweeter)

2 Likes

I really like the liberty 2 pro, and the questions I would look to ask is this…

The co-axial architecture design of the L2Ps is something that I haven’t seen before, or even thought to be possible. It provides a great soundstage for the earbuds, with clean / crisp, unrivalled sound.

How did this idea / design evolve and come to be? What was the inspiration that led to its development? Apart from new codecs (LDAC) how can it be improved upon?

Thanks for the opportunity to ask some questions :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I cannot pick which of the above mentioned buds I like because I do not own any, I own the q30 over ears though and love them. BUT, if I had to pick one of the above buds just based on looks and the provided descriptors it would be the Liberty 2 or Liberty 2 Pro. I am not going to lie, a LOT of that reasoning is superficial. I personally loathe the Apple alike stem design on any buds and that alone has greatly influenced my buying decisions. Which leads me to my first question:

1. Design wise do you think the industry has already reached the pinnacle? For now I am just referring to stem/no stem designs and when designing buds is there a solid reason for having a protruding stem besides getting the mic marginally closer to a person’s mouth? When deciding to make an earbud is with stems how much of that decision is technical vs product awareness (everyone automatically thinks apple when they see stems, unless they look unique kind of like the Edifier Neobuds Pro or NB2 Pro).

2. Do you believe multiple driver buds or single driver buds provide the best sound quality? A lot of people love how Samsung’s dual driver buds sound but when reaching toward the pinnacle in sound it is very often the single driver Sennheiser Momentum 2’s that are mentioned. How do reviews of other products like these and reviews for Soundcore products effect the design of future buds at Soundcore?

3. There is obviously a huge profit margin on wireless earbuds or everyone wouldn’t be making them. What added value do you want Soundcore buds to have over the competition and what do you feel sets Soundcore buds apart from the ever growing competition? Do you feel innovation is key in this market or simply further refinement? What key things do you want consumers to immediately think when hearing the Soundcore name?

Thanks for taking the time to read!

2 Likes

My favorite Buds at the moment are the Liberty Air 2 Pro. I recently updated then to LDAC. My compliments to making that available to us. :+1:

As for my question, here goes:

1. When will the Liberty 3 Pro be released and will it have ANC to go along with Transparency Mode that was added the Liberty 2 Pro +?
2 Likes
  1. What are you doing for those who can’t use TWS as they fall out too easily and would break fast?

2. Do you see audio being successful in other product types, like sunglasses, clothing, or sport specific products - cycling glasses audio?

3. How much do you think AI and high tech intelligence will make TWS easier? E.g. adaptive to keywords so if someone says your name the buds move from ANC to ambient, or boosts voice for specific keywords?

4. Do you think bone conduction will ever be worthwhile doing or do you think will never be a good idea as it cannot transmit treple as good as through the ear canal?

5. What are you doing to get more diverse beta testers so you spot more issues earlier than present? We still see some rapid firmware updates after product launches so bugs are not being captured, so do you think selecting newer different beta testers will improve the testing?

6. Do you find consumers are getting confused by the many frequent product releases? Are you finding use of numbers or words are aiding or confusing consumer product selection?

7. ANC is harder to do well the worse the seal with the ear canal. Hence there is an interesting idea to use HearID which detects leakage, to tune ANC, so tighter fitting can lead to better ANC and better ambient. Do you see HearID technology will lead to better ANC and ambient?

I suggested this 4 months ago:

1. The lost bud sound feature helps. Do you think adding it the case would help too? Make the case flash lights and make a sound would help reduce the lost case.
2 Likes

I’m starting to see other brands offering case replacements for those that have lost theirs, they stopped working, or were stolen. Will there be an option to purchase a replacement for Liberty 2 Pros or at least the option for future models?

2 Likes

Hannah posted this about a week or two . I book marked it. It has the replacement cases for about 30 to 35 percent of the cost of the manufacturer cost. It also has a few other replacement items you can get.

@Duane_Lester I must of missed that line. That’s still kind of expensive depending on the model. Especially if you don’t know if its the case or the earbuds that failed. I’m guessing there isn’t away to test earbud to see if they still work if there isn’t case to charge them

2 Likes

I find I can change myself faster than change others, i.e. it’s easier to change what you buy than ask for products to change.

The best way to not lose something is not have something to use. I solve that a few ways. Wired buds don’t have a case. They do have the tips, and wings often, which can be lost. I thus buy two sets of wired buds as I can then swap the best least worn parts of one with the other. Away from technology I do the same with “wireless” shoes, socks, etc, why buy one pair when buy two or three pair so you end up with a working pair for longer.

I do participate in forums to ask for changes but I assume I will be ignored (typically a good assumption) and make my decisions based on what exists now. That way I have maximum power and least frustration. Eventually what I want comes around.

Can you imagine the hell of buying one set each of all of Soundcore’s TWS to eventually end up with all of them useless as you lost one part of each?

1 Like

We’re each different, but in my case I’m more interested in the engineering.

ANC is harder for higher frequencies than lower frequencies as the slight physical delta of the offset of the microphone becomes relatively larger at smaller wavelengths.

ANC is also harder the worse the seal with the ear canal. Hence there is an interesting idea to use HearID which detects leakage, to tune ANC, so tighter fitting can lead to better ANC and better ambient.

So that’s my question - do you see HearID technology will lead to better ANC and ambient? I’ve edited my questions to add that to keep it together.

1 Like

yes I can. I keep all my extra earpads. The ones that are, to big, to small, or just hurt go into a jar for friends and family that may need a replacement. Most of them seem to fit other products so I give them out as needed. I keep the others in a bag in my desk next to my other earbuds.

My wife says I have a problem. I have way to many sets of TWS, Wired BT headsets, and headphones as it is. I’ve given away a few pairs over the years but still they sit in my desk until they stop working and I can recycle them.

3 Likes

The problem you have is the one the Soundcore product manager wants. No such thing as too many.

The way to neutralise that is deep future product knowledge and vision. When the L2P+ was out, I was thinking about the L3P. So the wave of getting the next new thing washes over. The imagined L3P before it’s launched is already letting me down as I’m thinking about the L4P already. What about buds which sense your body temperature which affects HearID and auto re-tunes when you’re not listening? They haven’t thought of that yet.

So happy to use 2 year old wired buds.

1 Like

I agree. I found my favorite pair with the liberty air 2 pros and wasn’t planning to buy another pair until they failed or were lost. If I were to replace them I want advanced features such as the ones you mentioned. But now that I can’t use them I had to replace them.

2 Likes

I am really “happy” that I can not use such earbuds.
Causes really pains in my old ears.
So there is no confusion, no problems with the bunch of different models offered. :grin:

1 Like