What's your favorite music movie scene?

I watch a lot of movies and I like good music, I have a hard time picking the best music scenes because I have a lot of them.
After much reflection, I present to you my Top 5. Do you have your favorite movie music scene?

My Top 5:

1. The Emperor Arrives - Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi HD

2. Gladiator • Now We Are Free • (Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard)

3. Chi Mai (Le Professionnel) Ennio Morricone

4. The Matrix Reloaded : Motorcycle escape/chase (HD). I love that scene with Trinity on the bike with fantastic music.

5. Pan Tadeusz - Polonez Wojciech Kilar
3 Likes

I love this song and movie.

2 Likes

@Steve976 Unfortunately, I don’t know this movie and music.
But I have 2 favorite USA shows with good music that you may have watched as well.
Do you know:

1 Like

I’ll have to give this some thought, and see what I can figure over the weekend. I’ll edit it in later :thinking:

1 Like

@TheSnarkyOne I’m looking forward🙂!
I remember some scenes after watching the movie all my life (Trinity- Matrix, Vader- Star Wars)

Good topic @sodojka , a lot of film music is often overlooked as it is just considered background scenery :frowning_face:

Too many for me to choose from (yep I’m a film and soundtrack buff :raised_hands:) so can’t really name a top 5 but a few that stick in my mind because how the music fits the theme of the scene.

Schindler’s List

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Lone Wolf McQuade

Philadelphia - La Mamma Morta (perhaps Hanks best film out of his impressive performance catelog?)

1 Like

One of my favorite music scenes was in the Step Up movies. I really enjoyed this particular music scene… I Don’t Dance

2 Likes

I have to agree with The Emperor Arrives @sodojka I love anything Star Wars, and I am trying to find a good time to binge watch all of the movies again.

1 Like

@ndalby
I’m glad you liked this topic.:slightly_smiling_face:
You chose fantastic moments👍🏻- I watched them all.
“Schindler’s List” - it’s a very touching film scene and music. I believe everyone should watch this movie.
Tom Hanks best played in my opinion in the movie “Forrest Gump”. I love the music and the opening bit which is very important for the whole movie (flying feather scene)

1 Like

@Tank
I like!
When I watch it, I have an association with “” Singing on the Rain ":

1 Like

Unchained melody from Ghost

2 Likes

This thread honestly reminds me of a class I had back in highschool looking at how music could make or break so many scenes in films. Personally I don’t think I have any favorites that stand out

In real life, a bit like this movie: Patrick Swayze has already become a "ghost":worried:, Demi Moore is still alive.