Where does the new Motion Boom fit into the speaker lineup?

I would hope so, or at least add more to the amazon listing. Doesn’t say anything about charging input cable type, maximum power output, there’s no photos of the back side of the speaker, no mention about the TWS function, and I’m sure there’s more that I didn’t catch.

1 Like

I am wondering same thing instead of ordering another motion plus I just ordered the boom figure if it is not as good or better than the plus I will return and get another plus but its very intriguing and love the fact its compatible with the soundcore app that bein said id live to know how many speakers are in it qnd how many watts!?!?!?! Take care all!!!

Looks like some specs are up on the amazon listing for the Motion Boom now:

Specifications: Input: 5V/2A Audio Output: 30w/2* 2.5’ Titanium drivers/ Battery Capacity: 10000mAh Charge Time: around 4 hrs at 5V/2A Bluetooth Frequency Range: 2400 - 2485MHz Sound Frequency Range: 60Hz ~ 20kHz(-3dB) THD+N: 《1% Model number: A3118 What’s In The Box Motion Boom Outdoor Speaker USB-A to USB-C Cable Quick Start Guide

1 Like

Can’t wait, sounds like a pretty cool Christmas present :+1::wink:

1 Like

Haha you know it, already spending way more than I should on myself and everyone around me this year, and of course I have to gift this community with a nice review of this mysterious new speaker :joy:

2 Likes

Indeed, if you dont control the messaging then someone else will.

Fair point it does take funding of a non-sales marketing person to invest time to speak with engineering and then make an understandable announcement.

The ToS is fair if it’s balanced with official announcement in advance. Nature abhors a vacuum.

1 Like

Yea that’s very true and I don’t debate it but since they don’t announce beforehand anyway (and in 2 recent cases no announcements at all) they should allow us to post and hype the products before they are even launched

1 Like

I think it is hard to enforce a tos at times if the release the device in the app before it is released. At least, I think it was was on the app before release. Lol

That’s just references to sources.

Ideally a roadmap with rough dates communicated from official sources so we discuss on basis of fact not incorrect rumour. That does come at a small cost for the effort to structure the information and squish falsehood.

Ideally a limited set of people under NDA can feedback or review, and if they leak they break their agreement and appropriate actions taken. I’m highly confident this is already done as a few have accidentally announced or comment on unannounced products.

What is the opposite of ideal is uncontrolled sources which are visible and we can’t discuss.

Personally I just use public sources and link to them and if any objections then they can close the sources. I think I only reference FCC information which is usually very little information of just rough spec and shape/size. FCC usually doesn’t give product name only product code.

I’m more interested in the decision making process far upstream, why is a product intended, what trade-off are being made. I’d like to join a Meet-the-engineer and AMA even if by invitation only and recorded then edited down to delete / correct anything.

1 Like