White noise - music, or not?

Apparently a number of people coped with this year by listening to white noise or rain noise. I like the sound of rain, but I don’t think I have resorted to listening to it on my headphones. But I guess they didn’t realize how frequently they were listening to it until it showed up as their most played music for the year.

1 Like

Never thought of utilizing white noise in a calming nature for anything else besides sleeping. Typically if my wife & I stay at a hotel we will utilize white noise.

1 Like

Why using white noise if you want the hear nothing take simple ear plugs.
No battery, no wast of energy…

1 Like

You never hear of my snoring due to a deviated septum … white noise or earplugs will not work.

1 Like

Thanks for the share

1 Like

I got a solution Duane , you will get used to it after while! :joy:

large

2 Likes

Ambient sounds are better than white noise to me.
Would rather listen to chillstep above all.

2 Likes

Well… It’s white noise :joy:

1 Like

Hmm I’m not a straight up white noise but like rain sounds and stuff and that type of white noise I totally listen to every now and then

1 Like

I may give it a try. I know the pillow makes me feel like I can not breath.

2 Likes

schnarch

When I’m moving I have nothing in my ears. My hearing is my primary safety system.

When I’m sat relaxing, ANC with voice usually.

If I’m sat down concentrating, either I’m with ANC headphones and no sound, or ANC headphones and whitenoise.

Whitenoise drowns out the sounds which get past ANC.

It’s worth pointing out that others listening is part of the problem. Everyone who uses speakers intead of 'phones is causing problems for others. Everyone who is proximate to others listening to anything is causing problems for others via sound leakage.

So I think speakers are causing some of the need for Whitenoise, the selfish causing the issue for others because they prefer “big sound”. If i liked your taste in sound I’d be playing it myself already. Hint.

I think a lot of music listening is social, so speakers make for a much better combined experience.

Also, the sound in my house isn’t usually loud enough to bother anyone in the next house. If you are being bothered by my music, you might be too close for comfort.

So that means the neighbor’s hearing must be inferior enough to not hear your noise?

Whitenoise need is caused by many causes. Speakers being one source.

I keep the volume appropriate to the house and space. You are more likely to need white noise from the kids than my speakers.

1 Like

Me too! :smile:
There is really no need of such “white noise”.
Best noise is classical music at low volume from a speaker.
And I don’t disturb no one here in the house,
If so there are doors which can be closed,
“No curtains here so far” :rofl:

1 Like