Will Soundcore Life Q30 get a firmware update?

Nice !
I would love to receive the 1.8 update as well asap!!

I just got an update on mine about a week ago… said to fix the low volume when using 3.5mm jack but also said to fix other bugs

It’s due for next week.

1 Like

neither.

Also, how do you update firmware? And are there any for q20 or liberty neos?

List of mobile app supported devices:

• Liberty Series
    • Liberty 2 Pro
    • Liberty Air 2
    • Liberty 2
  • Life Series
    • Life Q30
    • Life Tune
    • Life Dot 2 NC
    • Life NC
  • Flare Series
    • Flare 2
    • Flare
    • Flare +
    • Flare 5+
  • Party Series
    • Trance Go
    • Rave PartyCast
    • Rave Neo
    • Rave
    • Rave Mini
    • Trance
    • Mega
  • Wakey
    • Wakey
  • Motion Series
    • Motion Boom
    • Motion+
  • PowerConf Series
    • PowerConf S3
    • PowerConf
  • Other
    • Soundcore Mini 3
    • Boost (Upgraded)
    • Model Zero
    • Model Zero +
    • Icon +
    • Infini Pro

List of Windows firmware update supported devices

• Flare
  • Mini 2
  • Motion Q
  • Flare+

Q20 doesn’t have app support, so you can’t update. Liberty Neo not on the list, i’m not sure but it also doesn’t have upgradable.

1 Like

just received 1.8 firmware update.

2 Likes

Got now

2 Likes

Would you mind posting your best EQ settings?
cheers

How can update to FW 01.80? I’m still on 1.70 and the mic quality bugs me off.

I have tried to use the desktop update tool, but somehow i’m stuck on connect device. It seems that my desktop doesn’t recognizes the head set. What do you advice?

Scroll up exactly 3 messages before you posted.

You do it in the mobile app.

Either on Android

Or iPhone

About half a screen up from your post you see screenshots off my Android phone doing the upgrade.

Windows app doesn’t have a support for Q30. Only mobile apps supports Q30.
Here’s the list:

Thank you for your reply.
That means i have to wait for 1.80.

I don’t have it yet in the app.

Message 73 above is the official response - it’s a phased rollout so just wait.

Message 93 above shows the supported platform you see the Windows upgrade path is not for the Q30

Message 95 shows what an upgrade looks like, in my case I tried a couple of days apart and eventually got.

1 Like

Got the FW 1.80 this morning! Microphones are now much, much better than before!
I don’t understand, why they released the Q30 wich such a bad microphone software (before 1.80)? QA process missing?

Nevertheless - great ANC headphones for the money! Compared to TaoTronics TT-BH085 and TT-BH090!
I like the possibility to update the firmware, the overall design (also the buttons :slight_smile: ), the hybrid ANC, BT 5.0, …

:+1: :grinning:

2 Likes

I got my Q30 from post office this morning and it’s amazing. 1.80 really improved microphone quality. Q30 generally looks awesome but plastic material feels really cheap when you touching as reviewers said. Overall, it’s really price/performance product. Thanks to Anker.

5 Likes

I think the problem is the aggressive noise cancelling for the microphone, not the mic itself. I didn’t get to test the mic until after I updated the firmware. It still lets out a low-frequency puffing sound at the start of call, but otherwise sounds very good!

I received my Q30 recently. Very impressed by its feature set. I feel like the Dyplay Urban Traveller 2 still has much better ANC than these, but also have a louder hiss, and the sound with ANC is quite lean and bright. The Q30 has a deeper bass and more versatile sound. It also doesn’t power off after a minute of inactivity like the Dyplays.

1 Like

I’m 100% sure that this was the culprit. Noise gate and noise filtering were way overdone. Now that it’s all dialed back, the (imo) fantastic sounding mic really shines.

2 Likes

Soundcore Life Q30 Mic Fixed (Compared with Bose and Sony) Firmware v1.8

4 Likes

This is an excellent reference point, and should probably have its own thread…

1 Like