Word of caution: Do not leave headphones in a hot car

Just a word of caution: do not leave headphones in a hot car for any reason. I had my Liberty air inside its case and I had left it in my car for a day, when I took them out, they were all sticky and the cord was slimy and sit open when I unraveled them.
As seen below

Now it wasnt a particularly hot day, maybe around 80 degrees or so and this happened. Up until this they have worked flawlessly, and now because they were a beta unit I am out a pair of great sounding wireless earbuds. So just let this serve as a precaution not to leave any electronics in a car

Sorry that happened. After your review of these I’ve really been wanting them.

Cant say I’m not disappointed, I have left the Spirit x in my car for a week before in the heat and never had this happen. And this was after just 1 day, makes me wonder what it’s made from that caused it to do this.
@Loz any ideas why this happened?

I work summer days with temps up to 105… I wonder if the same thing could happen just outside…

Possibly, I dunno

That is some serious damage, were they already pretty worn or were they fairly pristine?

Pretty pristine, as I mentioned before these were my go to so I took good care of them. So leaving them in the case and have this happened has left me baffled

Not earbuds only!
Kids and pets!!!

1 Like

Wow that’s weird, it’s almost like they have split after being boiled :open_mouth:

RIP Liberty Air…

Hmmm…possible battery fault in the earbud’s battery due to the heat in the car, maybe causing a short and heating up the wiring itself thus melting the cable jacket. The batteries are tiny in these things but enough to cause some/enough heat to cause this kind of damage.

Just speculation though.

I don’t know how 80 degree car heat (even up to 100 inside because of the closed environment of the car) could cause such damage on it’s own.

Likewise, outside of being directly in the sun on the dash or seat, the temperature itself shouldn’t be able to do that much damage.