10 Out of 10 with Riley Mackin

Bringing us up to our mid-way point in the 10 Out of 10 series is Riley Mackin. We’ve also included his review video below. Check it out!

What’s your full name?

Riley Stephen Mackin

How many Grammy awards have you won and what for?

1 - Record of the Year - This is America by Childish Gambino

As well as 2 Nominations for Album of the year (2018 Awaken, My Love!) and Record of the Year (2018 Redbone)

What’s something not many people know about you?

I’m in a band called Battle Tapes and I have a 25 lb. Scottish mixing assistant.

Which artists have you worked with?

Childish Gambino, Justin Timberlake, Mayer Hawthorne (Tuxedo), 21 Savage, Ginuwine, Tierra Whack, Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Aretha Franklin…. To name a few.

What’s the best thing about being an audio engineer?

Getting to Listen to Music all Day

What’s the worst thing about being an audio engineer?

Having to listen to music all day…. But also the weird hours I’ll get phone calls to go into the studio.

What did you think when we contacted you regarding Liberty 2 Pro and why did you agree to work with us?

I thought it was cool that a company would want to know what actual audio professionals have to say about their product. I agreed to work with Soundcore because I’ve used Anker/Soundcore products before and I find them to work quite well.

When you first heard Liberty 2 Pro in its final form what did you think?

I thought the Liberty 2 Pro’s sounded great when I got a chance to try them out. I was impressed by the sound image and the comfortability of wearing them.

Have your impressions of Liberty 2 Pro changed or have you noticed anything new?

I still love them. I thought I would have lost them by now (I tend to lose ear buds all the time) but thanks to the case, I’ve been able to keep them safe. So that’s been a positive attribute for sure.

Any other comments?

Thanks for the opportunity to try out the headphones. I look forward to future products from you guys. Keep up the good work.

https://www.rileymackin.com/

www.battletapesband.com

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this with us! Love reading these Q&A’s!

Thanks for the insight Riley, its good to hear from those who had input on the earbuds!

@Loz @Hannah As good as these Q & A’s are, were the same questions set against all those involved or was there a varied mixture?

Also great to see these Q and A sessions. But it would be nice if we were able to ask all of them questions and not just a select few…

They probably don’t all agree to do so…

I love it because when I saw the first one question I was thinking that it could also be a pain as well.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!