Apple Moves WWDC 2020 to Online Only

Apple has moved WWDC 2020 to online only, to help reduce the spread of the infamous COVID-19.

Drastic changes like this from big brands like Apple, just goes to show how severe this “pandemic” is perceived to be.

I guess this is yet another event that is being changed due to this health pandemic.

Is anyone else planing to watch the keynote online, and was anyone planning to attend the actual conference?

All huge companies do this in USA.

But what about schools, huge events. like concerts, sport events etc. ?

Here in EU mostly all countries closed schools and kindergartens. all event with more than 1000 visitors are cancelled meanwhile.
Even smaller ones will be so in next week.

Many would say that’s it too much.
But better too much, than less.

But we all should stay cool, no panic.
I have already told, 1 year < 70, I am not at risk. :rofl:

I’m pretty sure that nearly every university and college has closed in the US.

I know a lot of public and private schools are going to online classes only.

Thats a great news!

No more public parties!
But we have here our online parties.
Started with “New music Friday”.
Start it with some classical, Andrew! :wink:

1 Like

Or romantic period music :wink:

I heard music this week from a composer called “Leonard Bernstein”, and it was quite good. I will share that.

1 Like

Leonhard Bernstein was more a composer of musicals and a fantastic conductor.

May I give you a real hint.
I am listening to Vasily Kalinnikow at the moment!
An absolutely forgotten composer.

1 Like

As far I remember you like chorus, Andrew.
Listen to Verdi and Wagner.
The wrote the most beautiful chorus!

1 Like

Schools, events, seminars sports everything closed in Canada as well. most companies are still working as of now. Universities are going for online classes only.

US just declared it as National emergency…

The most awaited and most innovative product unleashed by Apple at WWDC 2020

Check the hidden product here :point_down:

Summary

:joy:

Our company already has lots of people working from home, that has gone up. Church is just having a small service, encouraging limited personal contact (no communion, offering plates) and cancelling all sunday school and youth group meetings.

Cancelling all sporting events makes sense to me. Schools makes sense too. We’ll see how much it helps in the end. But I have enough people living in my house to not feel a strong need to see other people, so maybe bothered less by the isolation than some others.

@TechMan I have been advocating for years that we move big parts of college education to primarily online. Lectures at college add very little value, the real benefits are almost all in the interactive parts - getting to know other people and learning from them.

This might nudge people in the right direction over time, but crazy world that it is being forced so suddenly. At some point people will realize that you can provide that credential very affordably if you aren’t providing all sorts of other services that aren’t directly related to learning and testing.

Nope, I’ll be work or busy doing something else that’s more important

Most of the schools are closed.

I have city job and our facility will be closed to the public but open for us to be there to ‘clean’ for a week. We have to be there or…

I can use vacation and sick time if I choose to stay away. I prefer not waste my paid time off since I was just on vacation and I have plans this summer.

1 Like

If I were you I would do the same.
Keep public contacts as low as possible.
To do so it really depends on, were you work.

There are other tactics eg. in UK.
It is called “herd infection”

We are talking about at ANKERs forum.

I am not a virologist.
I really dont know which is the best and most useful for people.
Nothing is scientifically proofed, its only pure theory.
We will see the results a year. (Hope so).

I’m going into work tomorrow to clean. Up my area. Hoping to hear the city will be completely shut down by end of day tomorrow.

1 Like