AptX codec in Soundcore headphones

Many of you have Soundcore headphones that support the aptX codec.
I own Liberty 2 Pro, but I honestly cannot hear the improvement in sound quality after enabling the aptX codec option on my smartphone.
Do you feel any difference, improvement in quality?

1 Like

There isn’t much of one as far as I can tell.

The only thing that is consistent is that switching over to the talking profile makes everything sound awful.

1 Like

I don’t own the L2P but I’d not expect the codec to impact sound quality directly. I’d expect it to increase the distance from which quality degrades.

On my other Soundcore products, if I disable AptX, I cannot detect a quality difference.

1 Like

Aptx I find only holds benefit if you are gaming on your device, less latency. And perhaps YouTube / video streaming

Didn’t realize you could enable the codec on your phone. Android based or iOS?

2 Likes

You can play in settings. As it’s device dependent there isn’t one single best answer. I just know I don’t see a need to prioritize purchase decisions heavily to AptX, other issues matter more (for me, YMMV).

2 Likes

As far as I know AptX works with Snapdragon chips only. So it useless with some devices

1 Like

There are 4 AptX codecs and the performance of all codecs varies by phone.

So you have to decide for yourself. For more than half those reading this it’s not an option as AptX = Qualcomm so excluded Apple, some Samsung, Huawei and their likes.

1 Like

@The_Professor
Thanks for sharing all the information about Bluetooth codecs.
Have a nice day!:slightly_smiling_face: