Award Winning Audio Giveaway - why not everyone?

If we write about it, maybe they’ll do it eventually.
There are Aliexpress warehouses in Poland. I can have Soundcore products at home within 24 hours. There is a Polish distributor, and just like you, I am excluded from the awards.
Just out of curiosity, I will ask: What product was so valuable to you that you ordered it paying a lot for the shipment?

2 Likes

If Anker isn’t in a country there will be a much better reason than “you never asked” because an IPO’d $1B will be seeking growth.

Typically it’s because the market is small and/or there is a strong incumbent and you’d have to fight to get market which usually is loss leading.

So it’s not just Anker being lobbied, it’s also how competent are the incumbents, what is not being services by competitors currently.

What can’t you buy now? How much worse is your alternative?

And if you buy something from amazon.de?
Do they ship to Polska?
I know shipping for private persons is quite expensive

You can try Anker Official Store on Aliexpress. I did a number of purchases there.
Amazon provides better custumer support, but sometimes you can catch excelent deals on Aliexpess.

1 Like

How’s the free return with AliExpress?

You do get the odd dud unit, and the odd incompatibility and return posting cost can be a significant portion of purchase price.

That’s where the local distributor to hold local stock drives down one cost (return) but another cost up (local stock = capital asset not revenue earning).

I bought headphones for my daughter at a discount. Great price - free delivery.

2 Likes

From Germany to Poland doesn’t have to cross customs or currency barriers. Easier.

1 Like

I confirm.When it comes to Anker, often with Aliexpress there is also free delivery from Poland and Spain. I bought Liberty Neo there, but I don’t know about the warranty, sometimes you have to pay an additional fee for the warranty. You can buy directly from China up to a value of 22 euros without additional taxes in the EU.

1 Like

If not free return, and it has come far, then cost can be high. That would logical you’d buy high value physically small and light items as the return post cost is relatively less?

It’s Soundcore’s business, I’m sure they have good reasons other than we not asked nicely enough times.

I ordered the Motion Boom, got tired of the rip off prices that JBL charges for products that are really not worth the price tag. So took the import duty on the chin for a Bluetooth speaker that can hold its own😉

1 Like

No Euro in Poland!

2 Likes

Ooh you’re correct! I just assumed…

Good for them, allows to devalue currency in event of local needs, but does causes a barrier to trade.

2 Likes

And the fact that we are not in the euro area is most likely the reason why we cannot take part in competitions😔.

2 Likes

And are you delighted or disappointed with this product? I would never have thought that someone in South Africa might know the Soundcore company. In Poland, in the middle of Europe, this company is little known.

1 Like

Yes a factor.

In total all the barriers:

• language, you need good tranlators
  • currency. Costs incurred in foreign currency represent Opex.
  • disposabe income per capita, and population size. Small countries less attractive, poorer countries less attractive
  • customs.
  • theft, fraud.

So a business is inherently against

• small countres
  • poorer countries
  • separate language local to a small population
  • small currency
  • poor rule of law - where security costs or loss of products can wipe profits.

It is not personal or a slight, because if you ignored the above:

• small country + poorer country, if you ignored this then the cost of operations (fixed annual costs) are spread over fewer units, so you either must make the product more expensive, or make less profit. If you are more expensive you have lower market share against others who may sell a larger more diverse portfolio. So you need a good channel partner… who may prefer your competitor or incumbar
  • currency, you have to either factor in a headroom risk (price is higher) or take risk on making a loss
  • language, if you ignore this then folks feel a slight, a disrespect, so you must incur a translator cost for all products (which in a small country adds to unit costs).

Businesses would ideally like one planet with one language, one currency, no customs, no borders, with no crime or corruption. Apart from the small country with lower tax they report their profits, of course…

1 Like

Fair point there, it is indeed a little known brand here on the southern tip of Africa. Fortunately there is the Internet which allows one to do the research.
It was a bit of a gamble, given the lack of local support and having to ship via Amazon…but I took a leap of faith…and so far, I am really impressed with the performance of this little gem. It is not the prettiest of speakers, but it definitely punches well above its weight class. The majority of reviewers online concur as well, so happy thus far. The pandemic hasn’t allowed me to fully test the unit as yet…because, well no house parties etc. So far so good. Anker was started by a former Google engineer, and I like what he and his team have done to shake up the industry. Quality does not have to mean excessively expensive. Hopefully they expand the business to our shores in the near future. :pray:

2 Likes

You don’t have Anker at home, but now you probably have summer at home and it’s warm. If you still live by the sea, it’s like you’re on vacation.:grinning:
Greetings from cool Poland.:wave:t2:

1 Like