Bluetooth 5.2 vs 5.1 vs 5.0

The new Liberty 3 Pro earbuds feature the latest Bluetooth 5.2.
Bluetooth 5.2 was released in early 2020, and there are still few products that have it.
From this article you can find out what’s new with Bluetooth 5.2.
All Bluetooth versions are briefly described, and Bluetooth 5.2 was compared to 5.1 and 5.0.

2 Likes

It’s pretty crazy just how far Bluetooth has come in just the past few years. I put off getting a set of Bluetooth headphones for quite a few years because memories of messing with old BT headsets (which would have been in the Bluetooth 3.0 days) on my Blackberry and iPhone 4 were just okay, but not worth the hassle. I’d have rather just plugged in a cord (even after Apple took away the headphone jack and gave us the dongles) and had it work than fight with the headsets.

My wife bought me the Q30 last year sometime, though, and I’m glad she did. The wired headphones at work and home haven’t come out of the drawer since.

2 Likes

It was the same for me.
I had a Mad Catz Tritton Warhead to 7.1 Surround (5.8 GHz wireless technology) which was very difficult to pair with the receiver. They had a small range - maybe 5 m.
I preferred to use headphones with a cable for several years.
And this year, out of curiosity, I bought Liberty Neo. And I was really surprised by the quality of the sound and connection.
So I bought the Liberty 2 Pro and it was a positive shock😃!
The sound amazed me :smiley:!

2 Likes

I didn’t even think about range. I’ve had my iPhone sitting on the second floor of my house pushing music over BT to my Q30 when I was outside in the back yard.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. It was interesting. :+1:

2 Likes

My Liberty 2 Pro at home sometimes loses range (thick walls), but when I put on the Q35, I don’t think about the range, because I have it all over the house :smiley:.

2 Likes

This afternoon, I had my liberty air 2 pros in, and was down a storey, and across about 90 ft in our offices, and no drop outs or disconnects… frankly was surprised…

Other end was iPhone streaming classical…

2 Likes

Nice reading. Thanks

2 Likes

It’s incredible what such small earbuds can do :clap:.

1 Like