Cannot add device(s) to App

cannot add any devices to app. what use is the app? I just want to update firmware on power conf. Yes, I have uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled countless times. Yes, device connects to BT. open app-> my devices. “no device yet”. No add button. No find button. Swipe every which way. Long presses. Nothing. Nadda. Zilch. It used to work (about 6-8 months ago I did this to update the firmware). app v2.3.1

4 Likes

last attempt was from android 7 device. Also tried from iOS 14.2 device (interestingly, the soundcore app shows v2.3.2 on iOS). Same issue tho. Has Anker changed the way to update power conf firmware?

I think this may be your issue.

You first have to connect it to the Bluetooth and then connect it to the app.

Steps

1. Go to Bluetooth , connect the Power Conf to your Bluetooth
  2. Open the app
  3. It will not be in your my devices until you search for the device and connect the Bluetooth to the app.
    4 So go to Speaker,
  4. Find Power conf and pick the appropriate device
  5. It will search Bluetooth and will show your Bluetooth devices.
  6. Select the Pwoer conf
  7. May have to hit a back button depending on your device
  8. It should take you back to the app, you should be on the Power conf app page and the Power conf should now be on your my devices
2 Likes

thanks - i was connected to BT (might not have clear in first post). This did help get to the issue - which was that it wasn’t very intuitive how to get to the adding speaker part. Your note on ‘go to speaker’ was enough to poke around some more. I am not sure why there is small, unlabeled buttons for new devices versus the huge “connect” button (which I took as connecting new device). Maybe to easy if they had something along the lines of “add new device”? :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like

You are welcome.

I believe you would have gotten there but a little nudge is always helpful. :wink:

Hi I am sorry, I am not a tech savy lady. I bought the rave speaker and I am having the same trouble but I do not know what you mean when you say “connect the power conf to your Bluetooth” can you please explain?

You have to connect your speaker to phone using Bluetooth. To do that you have:

1. Turn on speaker
  2. Turn on Bluetooth on your phone and select Rave from the list of available bluetooth devices.
2 Likes

Hey, if anything here on this thread worked, pls check this link, in the end I have a step-by-step solution: Q30 and Galaxy S20+