Q30 and Galaxy S20+

Unable to use Q30s with Galaxy S20+. This is my second pair, phone says paired but they won’t connect. App is 100% useless, bt settings say app is needed to use headphones. Can connect headphones, without app, toy Oneplus with no issues. Any ideas?

Try deleting the device from your bluetooth settings. Next reset the headphones and try reconnecting them.

It is a two part connection.

1. You connect the headphones to your phone.
  2. You go into the app, go to headphones and find the headset and then you basically pair them to the app. Once that is done, you can can access the q30 in the app.

So the only problem with all that is that I’ve already done all this. But, I did it again and now, just like on the first set of headphones, I get a message that the headphones need an app to use them. This happens on 2 different Galaxy phones. But it connects to a much older phone, without the app.

1 Like

I know people have not done that sometimes and just making sure.

My only other thoughts at the moment is to try to reinstall the app as I know that has resolved some issues as well.

I tried that 3 times just now, still not connecting. It pairs with the phone, just won’t connect.

i have the same problem, did you fix it ?

Hello guys, I had the same problem, after several attempts to try to solve it, I got it.

First, I believe that this problem happens in some communication error between the Soundcore APP between the latest versions of android, or the various changes that Samsung makes on their devices. Here’s how I solved it and I believe it will solve it for you:

1. Remove your Anker Soundcore (in my case it was the Q30) from the Bluetooth connection list.
  2. Remove all devices connected via Bluetooth. Leave the list of paired devices clean.
  3. Do not remove the Soundcore app, just clear all cookies/cache.
  4. Reset your Anker Soundcore.
  5. Restart your smartphone.
  6. Turn on GPS and Bluetooth.
  7. Go to Bluetooth and connect your Anker Soundcore. Make sure that this device it’s the first and only one in the list of devices connecteds. Don’t worry, after this proccess you can add how many devices do you want.
  8. Go to the app and log into your account.
  9. Click on add device and after the listing, click on your Anker Soundcore.
  10. There you will see that it has been added quickly and is ready to use.

Best Regards!

1 Like

Appreciate the help to folks but you may want to save it for new threads as the couple you have done are mostly resolved as they are several months old.

I’m having the same issue - I can get the Q30 paired with my Galaxy A22 but it just won’t connect & play what I’m playing on my phone.
I’ve tried - unpairing, re-pairing, clearing phone cache, restarting phone & app & factory reset on headphones, uninstalled & reinstalled app, deleted all other Bluetooth connections etc in various orders to test what happens and nothing’s working.
I once got temporarily through to a screen on the app which suggested they were connected (allowed me to use equalizer setting etc) - but nothing played through headphones and the connection was lost within about 30 secs.
It connects fine with my laptop & the sound is great, but if I can’t use it with my phone they’re not much use & I may as well return them for a refund.
This is sucking hours of my life away & making me hate them - any advice would be very welcome!

edit: A22 and Q30s like the person above. identical problem. spent hours trying everything to connect. soft and hard resets, all caches, reinstalling app, updating firmware, updating phone os, checking for new q30 firmware. Followed the exact step by steps people posted to make sure I’m not doing something wrong.No luck.
Charged my old phone just to try it out and it instantly paired, connected and everything worked so easily. Used the old phone the whole of yesterday.
this morning I tried again with my new phone, just to see, expecting it not to work, and for the first time it worked ! The only thing that changed was connecting to another device successfully, so it’s possible that can be a fix for anyone in a similar jam. I’m not sure why. But posting what I did today so maybe it can help someone.

All I did today was:

1. turned off bluetooth on the old phone so it lost pairing.
  2. opened soundcore app and added the q30 headphones.
  3. it asked me to go turn on bluetooth pairing through their button that goes to your phone’s bluetooth settings.
  4. clicked soundcore q30s and this time when it paired, it also said the text that it’s connected for audio and calls which it never said before when paired.
  5. audio works !

I love these headphones and I am very happy now. Great sound and insane battery life. Thanks !

3 Likes

You are GREAT. I also fixed this trouble on Q35 referece your post.

It shows same trouble for Q35 on Samsung Phone with Androids 12.(Galaxy Note 10 5G+)
Godda…it!