Coming Soon: Mega

Soundcore is developing an all-new speaker called Mega.

This is expected to be similar to Soundcore’s Rave series.

What do you hope Soundcore implements with Mega? If you have Rave or Rave Mini, what improvements would you like to see? If not, what would entice you to buy such a party speaker?

Be sure to let us know your thoughts and wishes with a reply!

3 Likes

Umm, when I read this I started breathing heavily… I have no idea what to think…

1 Like

USB-C is a must I would think, DAB radio and stereo pairing would also be on the list…

Wonder if the mega series will keep the the pool party light show design or move towards a portable PA or fixed speaker sort of system…

2 Likes

LOL when I hear the word Mega, I am thinking a USB-C will not do. They may need a Wakey size plug in to charge it. LOL

1 Like

obviously it needs a built in projector so that it can throw visuals wherever that go along with the music.

1 Like

They went that route on the Zero as well…not the best when you could just go the USB-C route :grin:

1 Like

Well now that they are offering USB-C chargers with outputs at 45w and 60w they very well can go that route now. Where as before they didnt offer any

1 Like

How about a 60Ah battery? 100w charging via USB-C

2 Likes

Definitely curious what it wold look like.

I think every small powered device should move to USB-C. Capable of providing plenty of power, mechanically strong, and standardized. I’m reluctant to buy anything new that doesn’t use it at this point.

3 Likes

There was nobody of the “family” who got ever his hands on that RAVE as far I know.
What are we expected to say about that one? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

There was a few reviews, but they were mediocre in terms of performance for what it is.

1 Like

Would this drown out the sound of 2 kids shouting and screaming while playing fortnite??

3 Likes

IMHO the reviews for the rave and rave mini are not reliable. I don’t see any that I would consider “valid sources”. Even the 5 star reviews are weird

Thats what I wanted to point out. :wink:

I really did no look at this speaker that close. I finally saw the pic but did not really look for a comparison pic. They are a lot bigger than I had thought Lol

1 Like

I think that ones the mini…

1 Like

They certainly did. They’ve had a 60W charger for quite some time, but honestly, does the Zero even draw more than 30W?

The charger output is : 15V 3A

1 Like

It is. I looked at the other one too and that was bigger. I did not even look at these earlier due to thinking it had a light show and bigger speakers. Thinking well I am 40+ and not needing a light show lol

They all got crazy here I was refusing the “light show” when the FLARE was introduced.
Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert do those composers need such a “light show” ??? :joy:

1 Like