Community improvement - Suggested incentive changes

I see consistent agreement that the giveaways should be

1. Distributed among a wider group of active community members
  2. Not encourage point farming / head to head competition among users.

A lottery among active users with some criteria for activity fits those. I like @Duane_Lester’s simple criteria on comments.

I don’t see agreement on removing points for threads. v2 already reduced points without fixing the leaderboard, and slowed people’s ability to level up . I think because of that people are leery of suggestions that reduce the totals even further.

Any individual point reward is a small incentive and likely isn’t causing the problem here, just as it isn’t at Anker. Making those points the margin between winning a nice prize or getting nothing is what drives this I believe.

3 Likes

Eye! I made no new threads and got to 9.

Yea without making threads you can stay in the top 10 for now.

2 Likes

Top 10, yes. Top 3, not quite.

1 Like

Well it’s too late now but perhaps I should find some boring Ariande Grande thread post to clutter the community with?

You’ve made your point, as so have I.

1 Like

https://people.com/music/ariana-grande-doja-cat-and-megan-thee-stallion-tease-3435-video/?amp=true.

:rofl: I think I found you one. :rofl:

I wonder how many lbs of “paint” the “beauties” are waisting every day. :rofl:

do

Someone in “China” (you can change your country from default) is creating an account a minute now, for 2 hours.

https://community.soundcore.com/g/trust_level_0?desc=true&filter=1113&order=added_at

Quite remarkable.

Given they’ve created an account a minute solidly for last 2 hours, implies it’s a bot. That implies anything based on points which is not talent based is going to be bombed. This is the preamble for the bot to then do something with their accounts. A bot created account gets 50 points, 10 notes which be exchanged for giveaway tickets.

I’ve checked the other communities, this bot is not running on them. So there’s a deliberate plan of attack being developed for here.

Typically the level of skill required to make a reliable fast bot means the person is not seeking the relatively low cost Soundcore prizes, rather they are seeding accounts for bigger plans, e.g. to spam the community during a product launch.

2 Likes