[Concept] Soundcore Portal - A great Portable Audio/Music Player

My wife’s 10 year old MacBook air works great. My mom’s former MacBook pro is 8 years old, and still used by my kids for school, after I replaced the original hard drive with an ssd. And those aren’t outliers for me. My experience with mac laptops is they last significantly longer then equivalent cost pc ones.

Well it’s more so the 2015 MacBook pros that have a bunch of issues and break quite often.

1 Like

Ja that’s what I thought.
I got my old IPOD when using the sub, though there is no bt connection.
But why should I buy another one, Its working fine with the old Sennheiser cable earbuds.
(not in ear).

Others use their cell phones. (I got no. :grin:)
Why carrying around another item?

1 Like

Not just Macs, my old Lenovo still working for last 10 years for what I do. Sometimes it depends on how you take care of things.

3 Likes

I think my Lenovo is quite as old.
And I gave a SAMSUNG X20 to friend.

Both NEVER would work with WIN10 properly
(2GB ).

Both are great with LINUX! :wink:

Of course WE do care of our things, but MS don’t care :
New weird OS’ (old one run out of service) new hardware is needed to get that buggy … installed.
Its a shame!
Apple is the same.

1 Like

I think with what you wanted, it can maybe be an app vs a media player. I still a working Zune with a radio, music, n etc. and it is not atound The app can just access your music. It will have two expandable bars. One for function n one for eq

1 Like

Walkman or mp3 style devices seem more of a niche device and do not seem to be overly important any longer. If you forego the micro sd support, a lot of what you desire could be tossed into a watch style device which is more in demand. I am honestly a little surprised Anker has not delved into this yet anyway.

1 Like

I’m about to switch my old home server / hackintosh to Linux. I am generally happy with it on MacOS X 10.13, but several apps I have aren’t supported / can’t be updated unless you are on one of the last two versions. So it has been a dead end since 10.15 came out last fall.

And I would have to upgrade hardware to upgrade to the latest version. Imagine having to buy a new video card to upgrade your OS, seems really odd. Except you have basically the same problem. I hear the latest Ubuntu is actually really fast on old hardware though.

1 Like

Thanks to bring dependent on Qualcomm, who doesn’t care about that market much, android watch devices are comparatively stagnant. Apple has a clear advantage here designing their own chips. Everyone else is just offering a wrapper around whatever Qualcomm wants to offer this year, and it is very tough to make money and differentiate yourself in that market today.

That’s it, :wink:
nothing has to be said more about!

I like this as same I like “Win doof”

Try it, if there are problems there is a great LINUX- family, as nice and friendly as we here are.

1 Like

Same with my Dell Inspiron… It completed 10 years in Nov 2019, upgraded from Win 7 to Win10 may be 5 years ago, working good…

Though I hardly use it nowadays. But when needed boots up and does what it is best at!

2 Likes

Hmm, what will happen if you have to upgrade from WIN10 to WIN-XX.
I gave up those unsure experiments.
One time LINUX forever LINUX
(I am sure you know what professional companies use on there servers :wink:)

1 Like

Windows will not support a decade old hardware, at that time, it will be some version of Linux :smiley: Also have couple of chrome devices which is again some forked version of linux. Linux has made life easier with the RPi :smiley:

1 Like

I tell it always to my friends, if there is an old laptop in the cupboard.
Give LINUX a chance.
I remember when my daughter took part in some MS-OFFICE lessons at school years ago.
and I, the cruel :slight_smile: father gave her a laptop with OPEN-Office.
All features the same as MS-Office, but with other icons of course.
The teacher got really crazy, (how could this … father dare ) …heheh …not me,
I showed her how to use this and that.
Now she is using MAC-OS, WIN, Android and LINUX.
That is what I intended.

1 Like

I used Linux for a number of years. Liked it fine, but there was always something that needs tinkering. Hopefully things are smoother now.

Depends on the distro really.

Yes its much better now.
I remember starting with SUSE.
It was not easy to get something to work.
UNIX knowledge was essential in those days.
Now I use LINUX MINT
No more tinkering, but I would like to.

For really old hardware I would use XUBUTU.
There are many distributions around, but they all use the same kernel.

Liquid ink.display, like that on a Kindle
Great for lyrics.

WiFi connected.
Stream as much as store.
Maybe SoundCloud. Great for.sourcing new music.

1 Like

Im not sure I understand this argument. Qualcomm makes a huge majority of android phone processors and yet they brand phones regularly and make a fortune. The watch industry has room to compete with samsung, garmin, ticwatch and apple. Anker has a made a living off of an affordable options as affordable and in many instances more reliable. Just because the market is flooded with cables isnt a reason to stop trying to compete, the same goes for a good watch. To differentiate yourself is really easy in this field, build a sub $200 watch that works well.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m sure the product team will be interested to see it.

1 Like