Connect to Nintendo Switch Lite? P3

I can’t seem to connect these to my sons Nintendo Switch Lite through Bluetooth. The Switch says that it can’t find any devices. Anyone have any luck trying to connect these? The Switch software is up to date.

May be more of a Switch forum
Issue.

My kids have 2 original switches. A while back Nintendo did an update to allow earbuds n such to use the BT for those devices.

With that said, you may want to see if there is a switch update.

Since the switch lite is a lite version of the original, it may not have that ability.

If it is only the soundcore device, I would

As far as I know lite version should connect with the lates update from year 2021. So check for an update.

Thanks for the reply Duane… I did check the Switch Lite and it is currently running the latest software. I posted on a few Switch forums but as of yet haven’t had a reply. I appreciate yours though.

As I said in the beginning of my topic it is running the latest software. Thanks for your reply though VertigoXX.

1 Like

I agree that it should.

What device are you trying to connect?

I can see if I have the same device and see if the original switch has the same issue on ours

I don’t own Switch Lite nor P3 but can give an idea.

The P3 may not be in pairing mode or it’s locked to the bluetooth version of what it is connected to.

Turn off the bluetooth of everything the P3 was (or possibly was) paired with.

Put the P3 in the case and close lid, wait 10 minutes.

Then take buds out and see if you can pair.

1 Like

Lol

Overlooked the p3 again

I been working last few days but will try here in about 30 min for you

I’m trying to connect his Switch Lite to his Soundcore Life P3’s. I have the earbuds connected to his phone and then try to connect them to the Switch Lite and the Switch Lite says Cannot find device when it looks for Bluetooth. He connects seamlessly with his iPhone 12 every time. Thanks Duane for your help.

No problem… I know weekends are busy when you work all week… lol

I will give that a try Professor… thank you for your input.

Yeah, I was taking my son to college and now playing catch up on some chores.

I did get the p3 connected to the original switch…

I did get an unable to connect at first and then started a random open and close case and then doing another BT search a few times. It finally connected.

Duane… I was finally able to get them to connect to the Switch Lite. Another user suggested I turn off the Bluetooth on the iPhone and that worked. He’s happy… I’m happy. lol I have 1 more year to go before we start the whole college thing. He’s a high school senior this year. Thank you for all of your help. It’s very much appreciated.

Professor… that did the trick. Once we shut the iPhone’s Bluetooth off it connected instantly. Thank you for the tip. I appreciate it.

3 Likes

Good it worked. But to clarify…

Did you only turn iphone bluetooth off, or did you turn iphone bluetooth off AND turn P3 off/on via in/out of case? If latter then it’s what I thought was the problem. If the former I’m puzzled why it worked.

I turned the iPhone Bluetooth off… opened the case of the P3’s and then he was able to connect on the Switch while they were still in the case.

OK so it’s what I guessed correctly what was going on, the P3 still in the case (so it was off) when iphone BT off.

So that’s now your “fix” if Switch doesn’t connect just repeat what you did. The switch not connecting will occur “randomly” from now on based on whichever device connects first, if Switch happens to connect first then everything should works seamlessly but sometimes iphone connects first so then do again what you now know what to do.

Hopefully Soundcore use some better hardware in future buds so it can run 2 Bluetooth versions concurrently.

1 Like

I agree… he loves the earbuds and I admit they do sound great. Glad that now he can use them to play his games as well. To be honest they sound very comparable to my Apple Air’s and they were barely 1/3 of the price. Thanks for all of your help again!

2 Likes

Glad your issue was solved

The Life P3 doesn’t support multipoint.

So the iphone was connected probably and so the buds not able to connect to anything else. If that’s not the problem then next most common is buds need turning off then on via in/close/open/out of case.

1 Like