Core Update 102 | A Look at the Week Ahead

It’s our first Core Update of the month, so let’s have some fun and test our music knowledge!

1. What song went to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2010?

• Bruno Mars - Talking to the Moon
  • The Black Eyed Peas - Where is the Love?
  • Kesha - Tik-Tok

0 voters

What is the top-selling rock album of all time?

• Michael Jackson - Thriller
  • AC/DC - Back In Black
  • Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

0 voters

3. Can you guess the album?

• Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
  • The Who - Who’s Next
  • Nirvana - Nevermind

0 voters

• Jay Z - The Blueprint
  • Drake - Certified Lover Boy
  • Kanye West - Donda

0 voters

• Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
  • One Republic - Human
  • Ed Sheeran - Divide

0 voters

4. What track is currently #1 on the Billboard Hot 100?

• Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U
  • Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
  • Dua Lipa - Love Again

0 voters

5. What is the best-selling album of 2020?

• Taylor Swift - Folklore
  • Jonas Brothers - Happiness Begins
  • Harry Styles - Fine Line

0 voters

New Podcast Episode
This week, we’re joined by Anna Pancaldi, a singer-songwriter from the UK who has had her music featured on popular TV shows such as Pretty Little Liars and Famous in Love! Check out more HERE (and maybe, you’ll be able to win yourself some points :wink:)

Listen to the episode:
Apple
Spotify

If you don’t use a podcast app, listen HERE.

The winner of last week’s podcast quiz is @sodojka! Congratulations, you get 20 points :smiley:

Awards of the Week
This week’s winners are…

Photo of the Week: It looks like @sodojka had a great time at the beach!
potwsept6

This Week’s Photo Contest: It’s Time To Shine

Collective Member of the Week: We loved seeing @TheSnarkyOne being an active and supportive member on threads like this one :point_right: Life Q30 Help.

Thread of the Week: @VertigoXX posted a thread about Incredible Fingerstyle, which is an excellent read for anyone who is even remotely interested in guitars!

Weekly Giveaway Winner: Congratulations @jercox :tada: Make sure you contact @william.ward with your delivery details.

August Leaderboard:
1st: @sodojka wins a pair of Life Q35

2nd: @ktkundy wins a pair of Liberty Air 2 Pro

Tied for 3rd: @Steve976 and @VertigoXX each win a Soundcore Mini 3

5th - 10th Place wins 5 tickets each:
@Duane_Lester @Chiquinho @TheSnarkyOne @Unnamed @star100 @Mark_Dunsmore

How many answers did you guess correctly on the music quiz? Let me know in the comments below!

12 Likes

Quiz answers:

Summary
  1. Kesha - Tik-Tok
  2. AC/DC - Back In Black
  3. Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon, Drake - Certified Lover Boy, Ed Sheeran - Divide
  4. Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
  5. Taylor Swift Folklore

How many did you get correct?

2 Likes

I am really out of that “modern music” :grinning:
But Pink Floyd is of course that cover.
The others I don’t know, so I don’t try.

Let me say congratulation to the top of the ten and the others.
Best friends, like @sodojka, @ktkundy, @Steve976, @VertigoXX, @TheSnarkyOne. @jercox and @Duane_Lester.
And of course all others I forgot.
Enjoy the week!
Franz

6 Likes

Well three for me on the quiz… :flushed:

Thanks for selecting me member of the week, always nice to be able to help when I can :slightly_smiling_face:

Big congrats to all the winners this week! @sodojka, @ktkundy, @Steve976 and @VertigoXX hope you all enjoy the spoils…

And nice to see @jercox back with a big win too.

Hope everybody enjoys their week, this week, looks like fall is upon us…

6 Likes

Thanks for the update as always @Hannah, and congrats to all the winners.

I managed to get all 5 correct :metal:, but admittedly, I had to guess at a couple of them.

4 Likes

Thank you @Hannah for the 102 Update :slightly_smiling_face:.
102 is a lucky number in Poland. When we want to say that something is great, sensational, perfect, we say it is "on 102":grinning:.
Thank you for the leaderboard award and for choosing my photo.
This update is “on 102” for me :grinning:.
I guessed 2 answers to the questions: Pink Floyd and Michael Jackson.

Congratulations to the other winners:
@TheSnarkyOne, @Steve976, @VertigoXX, @ktkundy, @Chiquinho, @Duane_Lester, @Unnamed, @star100 @Mark_Dunsmore, @jercox
I wish each of you a good day and a good week with sunny weather and no virus :slightly_smiling_face:.

7 Likes

Congratulations to all…
@TheSnarkyOne, @Steve976, @VertigoXX, @ktkundy, @Chiquinho, @sodojka @Unnamed, @star100 @Mark_Dunsmore, n @jercox

6 Likes

Excited about the Life P2s, thanks @Hannah! Congrats to the other winners, fun to see a number of tags this morning when I loaded it up, new something good happened when I got tagged a few times in a thread. Tt has been a while. Congrats to the other winners, some nice things in the giveaway this month! @Chiquinho @TheSnarkyOne @sodojka @Duane_Lester

3 Likes

Thanks @Hannah for update.
My result answering quiz questions isn’t impessive. Got just 3 correct answers.
Congrats to all winners: @jercox, @sodojka, @ktkundy, @Steve976, @Duane_Lester, @Chiquinho, @TheSnarkyOne, @Unnamed, @star100, @Mark_Dunsmore
I think me and @Steve976 should meet and throw a party to test PartyCast feature of Soundcore Mini 3 after we will receive those :joy:

7 Likes

Thanks for the update @Hannah.

The quiz was fun.

Congrats to this week’s winners!

1 Like

Wow congrats to all the winners! Really great quiz it was quite fun! Here’s to another great week and an amazing month.

1 Like

As always, thanks @Hannah for the update. I always enjoy reading it.

Congratulations to all the winners: @TheSnarkyOne, @sodojka, @VertigoXX, @ktkundy, @Chiquinho, @Duane_Lester, @Unnamed, @star100, @Mark_Dunsmore, and @jercox

Sounds like a plan but I’m not sure we live on the same Continent. :rofl:

I hope everyone has a great week!
PS Thanks for the quiz, it was fun. I think I got them all right, but the answer sheet disagrees. It says I got #2 wrong.

4 Likes

I struggled with number 2 as well. Initially I wanted to go thriller since I know it sold a whole lot but then I wasn’t sure if that was deemed rock since Michael Jackson was the king of pop I thought. This meant that it would the the AC/DC albums then. I’m still on the fence and can see both sides. It was still fun regardless

1 Like

Personally I like AC/DC better so I’m not complaining. Heck I think it should’ve been Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon. I bought enough copies myself to make it #1. :rofl:

152420260_257842919139836_6619330473441371625_n

2 Likes

Dark side of the moon really was a great album for sure! Can’t help but love Pink Floyd! Also happy Zeptember!

1 Like

I am a more ac/dc as well

1 Like

Partycast is strong, especially when regulars connect their speakers.
So distance will not matter, but there could be some delay! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes