Core Update 75 | Ask Our Next Podcast Guest Anything!

:rotating_light: We Want Your Questions! :rotating_light:
This week, we’re going to be recording an episode of the podcast with Romesh Dodangoda, a Record Producer and Mixer from Wales, in the UK. He specializes in Rock and Metal and has worked with Motorhead, Bring Me The Horizon, Funeral For A Friend, Twin Atlantic, and more.

If you’re a rock or metal fan, make sure you leave your questions for Romesh in the comments below!

Soundcore Stories Podcast
Check out our recent episode with The Infamous Stringdusters where we discuss the science of Bluegrass. You can find it HERE and don’t forget to subscribe on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and on any other podcast platforms.

What Have You Been Listening To?
Have you been listening to the playlists on the LÜM Music Player on the Soundcore app? I’ve been really enjoying “way we say goodbye” by OSTON on the PopX playlist and then I’ve been putting the Chilltronic playlist on while I work. Make sure you recommend your favorite playlists and songs!

Awards of the Week
This week’s winners are…

Photo of the Week: Congratulations, @ndalby!

This Week’s Photo Contest: Add your “Soundcore in Spring” photos to the thread.

New Collective Member of the Week: @supersmacker1234 has been very active over the last week. Welcome to the Collective!

Thread of the Week: Thanks to @Liquidretro for this awesome video review of Trance party speaker :partying_face:

Don’t forget to add your questions for Romesh! :point_down:

13 Likes

Thanks for update @Hannah Congrats to winners

Thanks for the update and photo selection @Hannah

Congrats to the other named members :+1:

Thanks @Hannah for the updates, congrats to the winners. Not much like spring here by the back fence still 5 ft of snow… :cold_face:

Thanks for the update.

Congrats to all winners!

Great Neil to see you on that list! :grinning:

1 Like

Congrats to all the winners can’t wait for another great week here on the community

Congrats to the winners! Definitely had some spring weather this weekend in the south, back to cooler and drizzly today, but it was a very nice few days.

Well done to all the deserved winners.
And especially @ndalby who I recognise!

Good work everyone :+1:t2:

1 Like

Congrats to the winners

Question for Romesh!

How is it dealing with artists in the studio? How do you combine your vision of how you want the final track to turn out with those of the artists when you’re all collaborating together?

1 Like

Question for Romesh:

If you could work on a project from another genre (that’s not rock/metal), what genre/artist would you choose and why?

1 Like

Question for Romesh

How do you get an artist to open up on their vision of what they wanted a song to sound like?

How do you help the artist to understand what you can do for them?

2 Likes

Question for Romesh:

Motörhead did quite a few collaborations, with many different artists over the years. Did you get to work on any of them?

If so, which collab offered the most challenge and / or reward (your favorite?

1 Like

Thanks for the questions guys! Look forward to sharing this podcast with everyone!

1 Like

Welcome, @sean.L

Thanks for the update @Hannah and congrats to @ndalby. Great shot!

1 Like

Congrats to the winners