Deciding on LA2P

Hello, I have been trying to decide whether or not I should get the new Liberty Air 2 Pro earbuds. I already own the Liberty Qir 2s, so I want to ensure that I will be getting an upgrade that is worth it in my eyes.

I personally dont see myself using the ANC much, as the LA2s have great passive noise isolation. My main question is how the sound itself compares to the older LA2s. Those of you who have experience with both, what do you prefer? Do the LA2Ps have as crisp sound with the highs? How about the bass?

Thanks in advance!

Did you watch this yet? You can hear microphone quality side-by-side and other features.

Idk if you can mess with the EQ on Air 2 so you could tweak the sound on your earbuds with that instead of buying a new pair and save some money. In my opinion, you shouldn’t buy LA2P for minor improvement in sound. Also what kind of improvement are you expecting when you spend $130 extra with a working pair of earbuds

1 Like

The LA2P have existed in hardware for 4 months. Given the many reviews and the launch, seems a month+ was spent in beta and in marketing preparation for the launch. Beta is good for consumers, a more polished end product.

So I’d expect their successor to be already prototyped.

The LA2P uses from the public information a fairly low end internal hardware, higher end ones do exist, but at a cost. If you didn’t own anything, I’d say go for the LA2P using one of the past/present/future discounts as they are a good value for money. But as you own the LA2, I’d suggest just wait, get more months of use from what you own and let the LA2P successor put more of a distance (performance, features) from your LA2 investment. The higher end hardware can improve ambient and ANC performance, add multipoint, at a cost, so I’d suggest that future product be released, reviewed, and then probably it’s been nearer a year since your last spend and a wider gap in performance and features.

There’s features in Bluetooth 5.2 related to performance in true wireless, yet to be used by Soundcore.

I have no inside information, don’t ask for dates, but my best guess is on a 2-a-year release schedule the successor to begin to be hinted at in 2 months and released 3+ month from now. Some features had to be prototyped and tested in the software (Soundcore app) they don’t need to repeat, so the LA2P successor I don’t expect to be 6 months out, less, say 3-4 months out.

3 Likes

You’re correct about putting distance. Also Liberty 3 or 3 Pro should launch some time this year as well so those could have better ANC but at a higher price than $130 so should be inline with Liberty 2 Pro price before LA2P launched which is $150 or so

It’s difficult to accurately predict what better ANC will cost, but extrapolation is about $10 higher price to move to the next level chipset.

ANC is either expensive or not very good, hiss sounds created by small errors worsen sound quality. I’d expect the prototype exist now and someone is giving feedback. Best anyone can do here is list priorities and willingness to pay.

I can only tell you from my perspective that I am satisfied with LA2P.
From sound quality, call , build quality …

Sound is really strong, bases are high and clear .
I have also Phaiser BHS760 and sennheiser hd 4.50 btnc to compare…Ofc Seinheiser are the best :slight_smile:

I would take a cross section of reviews and comment to help make that decision. So you will know what to expect. One person may hate them as others may like it. You also have influences whom can also provide potential comparisons like @EL_JEFE_REVIEWS or @TechnicallyWell review of them.

Like Duane says I would agree always watch multiple reviews. If you just trust one person there are chances they have different preferences as well as the chance they have a faulty unit or a different experience. The more opinions you get the more educated decision you can make

1 Like