EQ settings in App

Have had Motion+ for a week. Did first charging today. Custom eq setting in app was reset to flat (default). Will my custom settings always reset each time I charge the speaker, or is there a way to maintain my settings when I charge the unit?

It should maintain the same settings until you change them.

Is it possible that you accidentally changed the settings without realising it?

Also, the default EQ isn’t a flat setting, it’s the soundcore signature (which has boosted treble and bass, and an even more boosted mid).

Thanks for the input! As the custom eq is manually set, I couldn’t change the settings without knowing it. They reset themselves which is why I was perplexed as that has not happened before, and seeing as how the settings are in the app, I would think the app would retain them in memory regardless of charging the unit. I’m also only referring to the custom eq settings, which at default are set flat, so having to redo each level every time I charge the unit will be somewhat annoying if I can’t fix the issue. I’m a bit of an audiophile so I prefer to set my own levels rather than using the presets.

That is very strange.

The EQ information is a global EQ, which means that the information is stored on the speaker, instead of the phone.

I would try it again, and let me know if it resets again. It might have been a one time bug?

If not then i would recommend reporting the issue to soundcore (there are some reps on this forum we can tag).

Appreciate the feedback! I’ll probably do another recharge in a couple of days, so I’ll post the outcome at that time. You may be right, it could just be a onetime glitch. Thanks!

1 Like