Feature Request: Include the option to disable “Auto Power Off” completely for the Soundcore Motion +

I am running Ubuntu 20.04 and connect to the Sonudcore Motion + via bluetooth. For some reason, the information that music is playing, is not registered by the speaker. So it will power off after the time set for “Auto Power Off” in the Android App. Even though music is playing all the time.

I would suggest to grant the user the freedom to disable “Auto Power Off” completely or set it to infinity. This could supply an easy workaround for faulty communication between the speaker and the bluetooth transmitter, such as with Ubuntu. Also it could open up other use cases, such as playing an alarm in the morning over bluetooth.

Let the user decide!

I also have Ubuntu 20.04 and have experienced this same issue. Sometimes I can make it stay on if I try:

• reset the speaker
  • pair it only with the Ubuntu system

Sometimes that works

Alternatively, and accept not ideal, is just connect the speaker to power, that disables the power off. Power can be from say a Powercore if you want to not plugged near a wall socket.

Thank you for the tip with plugging the speaker in. Appears to be the only workaround that does not require any interaction.
I really hate it when software takes too much control from the user…

I agree but I can change my own behaviour, hacks, workarounds, far more than a Chinese speaker company’s engineer…

What I have learned is they respond best to negative Amazon reviews, and put in an email.

Your best bet would be to contact Support and ask them directly.
https://us.soundcore.com/pages/contact-us

3 Likes