Flare 2 has sudden power out

For some reason my Flare 2 will suddenly turn off and then turn itself back on after a few second pause. When the speaker turns back on I don’t need to reconnect it to my mobile it just resumes the song where it continued to play in the background from my Galaxy A5 until it powered back on. Also note that I did have it set to custom equalizer mode and was just experimenting with the dials, they were at random levels and when I put the equalizer back onto one of the preset modes it played normally and only turns itself off when the volume is at max for certain songs. Just wondering if someone could share why this is and what setting it was that could cause but to power off?

Otherwise I love this speaker and it works great! Would love to have some kind of warning tho about the power levels dipping to needs charging. Also why arent there modes that have heavy base and low tweets or something?

You’re not the first…

https://community.soundcore.com/search?q=Flare%202%20power%20order%3Alatest

Is it really a total “powering off” and a new “powering on” after, or does the speaker only lose the bt connection?

1 Like

Seems speaker just looses BT connection

1 Like

Of course! :smile:

Flare 2 doesn’t seem to like too high volume. This is similar custom EQ may be asking too much of it?

Maybe a firmware update can fix it but I am suspecting it’s a design flaw, the batteries cannot give enough voltage / current to reach some threshold. So I’m wondering if the issue still happens when battery fully charged and/or when it’s connected to power?

It loses both, power and BT then it automatically reconnects but I cant turn it up past the 50% volume using the sound core app. Phones volume is already maxxed and I’m streaming music from my Spotify premium app.