Soundcore flare 2 turning off

Hi, I’ve had my soundcore flare 2 for a few months and it’s been giving me trouble since I got it.

For some reason it randomly restarts when above 50% volume, I thought at first it was just when the battery was running low but it happens when it’s fully charged too.

Most of the time it works perfectly fine, it only happens at the most inconvenient of times, I’ve tried hard resetting it, disconnecting and reconnecting Bluetooth, forgetting device on phone and speaker, downloaded updates via the app and changing power source (I use an Anker multi usb charger and have tried using my phone adaptor to no avail.

Originally I was using an honor 20 phone but now I’m using iPhone 12 so it’s not an issue with my phone.

It works fine at 50% volume but one up and it turns off and restarts.

I bought this to replace a faulty soundcore flare mini which wouldn’t charge out of the box and the return process was too fiddly so I didn’t bother returning it.

Has anyone else had this issue/know how to fix it? I can’t afford to buy any more speakers at the moment and can’t keep cycling to work on 50% volume :grimacing:

I have no idea why that’s happening. It definitely doesn’t sound normal. I’d contact Customer Support if I was you.
https://us.soundcore.com/pages/contact-us

1 Like

I agree to return it as there is something wrong base on what you stated.

I disagree on the fiddly. Once you give some info and do what you stated you have done and such, the process is usually straight forward. You box it and return it with a label they send to you. Same with the flare mini.

I have to say that I have several of the products and have not had those issue per say but any that I did have was quickly fixed.

My only issue with a flare 2 was I had it in the pool and showed my son about it falling in the water and if it got near a certain puddle of water it did seem to stop. Since I gave it to my son for college, it was not going to be an issue.

I have just got a new one that I can test here later as I am charging it up as it seemed to be almost dead when I got it.

Perplexing, I have 3 of these and gifted two last year for Christmas… local Costco had a steal on two packs…

I use mine quite a bit and haven’t ever noticed it happening…

I’d also suggest getting with support. Hopefully just a one off…

1 Like

As far I see you have really all done which is possible.
If you are in the warranty period you should contact the support asap.
Don’t forget to give all information ( all numbers!!!) , date of purchase and the store.
Good Luck!

Are you really using 5x Flare? The sound and light effect must be fantastic :clap:.

Given all you have already tried to do to identify and fix you’re highly likely looking at a dud unit.

To get to happiness as quickly as possible then gather together into 1 email the proof of purchase, serial number (written on the unit in very small print so magnifying glass!) , description of fault and all you have done already, photos of the unit to prove it’s not physically damaged, ideally photo of the serial number, ideally link to a video showing the fault to “slamdunk” the proof of the issue, Include your delivery address. Assuming you pass all their checks and you bought it with a free return / postage then you would typically see a new unit shipped to you next day. I had an issue with a unit in UK from Amazon and did the above and replacement arrived 2 days from reporting.

As to what may be causing it which may not be a dud, there’s a tiny chance, so I’m not confident it will work given what you’ve written, but the fault can be caused by accidental concurrent pairing to two things. It is rare but what can happen is a BT transmitter in the home can be connecting when you didn’t ask it to. You’ve only mentioned phones but if any Windows device was ever paired they also do connect without be asked to. So the only idea is to think carefully if anything around could be connecting unintentionally. It can be as trivial as a prankster in proximity.

No, I gifted two, but are using 3x … been keeping an eye out though to see if the two pack goes back to same deal at coscto… could gift some more

1 Like

@TheSnarkyOne Ok - sorry I got it wrong … :slight_smile:

1 Like