Guide to current Types of Spatial Audio

I was looking at surround sound systems today and was trying to learn a little more so figured I’d sharing this nice article that breaks down the types of spatial audio that is available currently. Personally I’m hoping in the future Soundcore will make their own spatial audio experience like Sony has with their Sony 360.

3 Likes

There’s a lot to be said about the room surfaces and shape, nullifies much of what is claimed about speakers.

If someone shows me their expensive speakers setup, I usually notice they’d handed all their money over to the wrong product as there’s a lot happens between speaker and ear.

2 Likes

We were talking such a lot here about
rooms, curtains, carpets, shelfs, speakers, their positions.
All interested users will find the threads here if they like to search for.

1 Like

Would be cool if soundcore could augment the partycast feature with spatial sound, but suspect it would require hardware to go with.

Good read @ktkundy

1 Like

Yeah probably would need new hardware but maybe could be a thing if they make a flare 3​:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’ve done some playing with locations of the triplets, and in a triangle format get some pretty cool spatial effects.

Probably just smoke and mirrors and sound isn’t split into channels like TWS pairing.

1 Like

Really interesting article thanks for sharing it! Thanks also @The_Professor for the additional video, I’d heard of diffusers but didn’t know the ins and outs of it all.
I think I will stick to “normal” sound though, I’m too jumpy during films as it is without noises behind me… 🤷😅

1 Like