Hear ID 2.0 on L2P

Is the Hear ID 2.0 will come to L2P because I see that the LA2P are having it on the software so why not L2P get it too

2 Likes

Very good question. I hope in the future

I really hope they do it would be a nice update and I’m personally don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to

Able to and wanting to do have commercial impact.

If prior sold product is improved then it narrows the gap between products and so weakens the sales of future product sales.

If the L2P had hearid updated then there would be less LA2P sales, and so cost of the effort caused negative impact.

Effort to test on prior sold product is then time not spent on future product.

I’m expecting an ANC update of the chunky non-stick L2P form factor to be in the works, and it to get hearid update. If L2P gets update then the L2P successor is delayed.

Dont expect ANC on L2P maybe a ambient sound more is much more likely but some day that would be posible but I hope soundcore put the ambient mode on L2P why not right L2P are flagship earbuds of soundcore anyways

You’re repeating yourself so I will also.

Would Soundcore make more money to make a successor to L2P with features added than if they added features to existing sold L2P?

If they did as you ask, add say ambient mode to L2P and the L2P successor had ambient and ANC, then the argument is “is it worth buying the L2P successor, it’s only got ANC added?” is created. If they never improve the L2P then the above becomes “is it worth buying the L2P successor, it has ambient mode and ANC added”.

It is much more profitable to freeze a product at launch other than bug fixes, than to add features to existing products. Profit lets you launch new products faster. Any staff cost spent on improving past products is not their time on developing new products.

So the argument to improve, restrospectively add, features to old products makes future products worse.

Simply buy a product based on what it is today, and know future products will be better. It’s the exchange of your money for their past investment to develop it.

The L2P is not their flagship product, the successor is. You just not seen it yet.

Im not saying that the successor of L2P have a ANC only they can improve its call quality they can make it touch sensitive unlike using button controls they can tweak a little the sound quality, you saying that while the galaxy buds pro are existing in the market right now. Galaxy buds pro add some ANC and have a good call quality even rivaling the air pods pro on call quality.

L2P did not have a great call quality and it is also not touch control those features that they can add up on the successor of L2P, so adding a ambient sound on L2P will still not effect the market for the successor of the L2P specially if this successor have an ANC, touch control, very very good call quality, have a little bit of improvement on sound quality which is a great sound quality coming from L2P.

So saying that ambient sound mode is not relevant on L2P is non sense, if soundcore want the customers to buy only the successor of L2P they can stop the production of it and stop selling it so the successor of L2P will take the market.

One important update will not effect the next product so much, if you say that why the Galaxy buds pro exist fi the Galaxy buds is still on the market? Why the 1st gen airpods exist if the 2nd gen is in the market which is just an upgrade of a wireless charging case and still being the most popular TWS on the market?

So adding features to old product did not make the future product worst there si always a customer at any price point, if you want more features get the successor of L2P if sound and minus the features is enough for you get the L2P that is easy.

So stop saying to me that it is not relevant and make the future product worst because base on the market right now it is not worst if you want more features you need to pay more if you are satisfied with great music and less feature you will grant by a good price earbuds thats is

The Liberty 2 Pro successor can be made better obviously. It has yet to be released, and so decisions can be still be altered on the hardware and cost impact.

The L2P however is an existing product. It can only have software updates within the limits of the hardware within. The L2P hardware:

https://fccid.io/2AOKB-A3909R/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-4424547

As HearID is a software capability in the client, it does a custom equaliser, it can be added, it just lacks a Soundcore reason to. My opinion is they will add it to the L2P successor, to give it a further reason for the L2P successor to be purchased, and I suspect Soundcore won’t add it to the L2P as it will distract from the advantage of the L2P successor. The L2P uses what Qualcomm calls an entry level hardware so there may be hardware limits that other products don’t have.