Help! New Air 2s don't work more than 100 feet from charging station

Hi folks,
I just got a new pair of Liberty Air 2, updated the firmware and tried to use. so far I’m finding: 1) I can’t just use one earbud. It must be both earbuds or the sound cuts in and out and then stops. 2) I can’t go more than 100 feet from the base unit or the audio cuts in and out and then stops.

Is this right? Am I missing something? thanks…
s.

I do not have the air 2 so not sure on number 1.

The second one it may be ok depending on how the test was done. If you are unobstructed as you walk away from the source, I have seen some get 150 (L2Pro) but I think 100 ft is good. I think several earbuds have at least 70 ft most times. If you are going into other rooms then the walls will reduce the length of clear hearing.

Thanks Duane, but just to clarify: on the second, I am wearing my earpods while carrying my phone, so those are close. But as I go beyond 100 feet from the CHARGING BASE, the sound sputters and dies. I believe with AirPods, distance from the charging base is irrelevant. Is that not the case here?
s.

Did you remove the plastic covers over each bud?

When you use one bud a time, are you putting the bud you aren’t using in the case?

Is there anything between the buds and the pins in the case?

I suspect what is happening is your phone is paired with the bud you aren’t using, it is not turning off in the case, you’re leaving it near the case or if in the case it is not turning off as you have something between the bud and the case.

The charging case is irrelevant. It could be as @The_Professor said about a conflict.

Do you have the buds paired with another device like a pc? I know several issues that PCs have with BT. If so, disconnect pc with it and try again.

My thoughts go back to when you go over 100 feet. You may be losing internet connection if you are not using cell phone data or you have a bad router. I know my wife used her data but when she gets home she turns that off to make sure the phone used her internet instead.

As for not being able to use one earbud at a time what type of device/ phone are you using the buds?

Hey all, Thanks for the different bits of advice. I checked everything you suggested, and in the process realized they were not fully charged. I charged everything again and just went around the block with one earpod and it worked perfectly.

Thanks!
s.

Ok them being not charged wouldn’t cause the symptoms, so suspect the act of putting them back in the case you actually put them properly in the case. It’s one of them not properly in the case would cause the symptoms. If you used both buds and then thought you had put one in the case, but you actually hadn’t then it’s still connected to the phone then when you distant from the case then you’re actually putting the distance between the two active buds, so causing distance from case to cause issues.

For the Air 2 the most common issue of not actually putting in the case are for new buds you didn’t remove the plastic, then it’s because you swapped the ear tips for larger and they push back up in the case so they don’t press into the charging pins at the bottom, and eventually it’s debris dirt grease on the pins.

Over the life from brand new noob error through to eventually need to clean, these are the common issues with LA2.

I think you are talking about the bt source not the charging station.
If so, there could be some things disturbing the transmission.
Walls, WIFI, even Microwaves.
You can do some tests, by changing the place of your bt source.

The LA2 case is tiny, it doesn’t take much for them to not go into the charging pins and so still be connected to the source. The larger ear tips means as you close the case, the bud is lifted out of the pins and turns on.

I suspect they learned from that and all the successor products had different case layout.

No, C, it’s not the BT.

Argh. Thanks. That seems quite possible. I did put them in and out several times though, so not sure what finally made the difference.
s.

Check for debris in the case or pins.

Did you swap the tips to larger? The larger tips push the case away so the pins don’t connect.

Just ensure all the way down then close case.