How an empty water bottle saved my Soundcore device

I find a funny and scary story of being out and not to have my frames case or an umbrella.

We have driven to Statesville NC this weekend to see my nieces graduate and to see my siblings and dad who are down in this area.

On Friday she had her graduation. It was pretty sunny day and I decided to wear the frames for shade.

It served its purpose well. As the the sun went
behind some clouds and it became more evening, I took them off and placed on my collar as the case was in the truck.

I proceeded to watch her graduation. As the graduation went on, I noticed some rain clouds were forming to my right side and though it may pass us as the radar seems to confirm this.

Being a hot day we bought some water from an organization from the school to help them out. After drinking the water, I kept the bottle by my side.

I looked up the skies kept on getting worse as each presenters seemed to be long winded and I am starting not to trust the radar prediction.

Just as my niece graduation ceremony ended, it was at this timethat rain droplets started to fall into a slight rain. It was then that I was able to put my previous thoughts for of plan in action. I pulled the arms off and dropped them in the empty water bottle and put the lid on as the cold rain had started pouring harder.

As we got to the vehicle my body was a soaking mess and cold but my frames were dry in an empty but dried water bottle. Lol

Moral of the story is to check the weather forecast before deciding to wear audio glasses and not having to figure out a solutions on the fly. :wink: :rofl:

4 Likes

Funny story Duane!

1 Like

It was not funny at the time. Lol. Quick thinking and no trash can near me helped. We were soaked head to toe. To make it worse it was a cold rain and we had like a few hundred people to navigate through to get to the vehicle.

1 Like

Resourceful thinking. Pity they didn’t make water bottles human sized! LOL

1 Like

I always have a dry bag. :wink:

1 Like

What about your pants? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Had fun reading this. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Pants were wet, shoes and all.

A dry bag was not an option here. We did have umbrellas but was told not to bring them by wife and step mom.

So a bottle was my best option. Funny part was as it was starting a guy pulled out his umbrella.

2 Likes

I always have in my car rain ponchos. Something like this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-3-4-Sleeve-Raincoat-Single-Breasted-Long-Poncho-Men-s-or-Women-s-1-Pack/317520334?athbdg=L1200

I know but my weather forecasters (my wife and step mom ) misinformed me on the weather.

I realize it wasn’t funny when it was happening, but it was while I was reading it. :grinning:

1 Like

I don’t believe the weather forecast and just carry for every eventuality. Rarely I need for myself, usually for someone else.

Good use for a water bottle for the Frames.

2 Likes

Its always good to carry a little more than needed.
You can undress something you actually wear but not dress something you don’t have.

2 Likes