How can I mute my Life Q30 when I'm in call or meeting?

I saw this question in the internet but I would like to know about you guys.

Is it possible to mute my Life Q30 when I’m calling or in a meeting?

Thanks.

This not a question about the Q30 but bluetooth products in general. There is no mute button or mute function associated with the bluetooth device, it’s all done via the application you’re using connected to the bluetooth device. So say connected on phone then mute during a call or use the mute capability of whatever app you are using.

If it matters you are muted then double-mute is safest where you mute within the app and the device itself, e.g. get Zoom to phone you and mute yourself in Zoom and in the phone app.

1 Like

phone calls always take precedence over any application. therefore the application is muted and the phone call starts.
if you want to mute the phone call you have to do it from the phone or from the application used to call via voip

Reminder that at under Android you can decide if the connected bluetooth device answers calls or not. So for example you can have an application (e.g. Zoom) which is muted and your headphones are connected for media only so if an incoming call the headphones are not used and you use the phone’s speaker+mic.

One reason you might want that setup is so you can listen to two things at once, stay semi-listening to an application and the phone.

There is no mute button or mute function associated with the bluetooth device, it’s all done via the application you’re using connected to the bluetooth device.

What’s the point of wireless again?

For example the “Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700” can do it:

Mute a call: While on a call, press and release the Voice Assistant button to mute the microphone on the headset. This will work for any type of call, including Internet calls, like Zoom, Teams, and others.

So it should not be an issue in general with bluetooth, should it? Anyway, you are not alone, Sony XM5 for example misses the feature too: https://www.reddit.com/r/sony/comments/uoh1in/xm5_mute_button/.

EDIT: I found that the muting is done in headset directly, not via bluetooth:

Also, this does not mute the microphone on the source device, only the headset. Therefore you will not see the microphone muted on the source device.